Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some quick basics on putting together a Social Media campaign

Web Consultant
    Array
    Blog Entries

Default Some quick basics on putting together a Social Media campaign

AddThis, the social sharing tool always has some nice blog posts about social media.
    Thought I'd share this one that goes over some basics for when you're deciding where your target market lives.
    It's an older one from 2015, so usage numbers have gone up, but still a good reference point.

How to Build a Social Media Strategy | AddThis Blog

Array

Thanks for this Harold! Indeed, this information is very useful, especially now that I am trying to figure out how to market our company through social media.
    "At first you feel your heart run faster, you have calculated everything, the wind and the speed, then you let go, and you smile when know that the only way now is up!"

Queen of the Forum
    Array

Blog Entries

Google + has 300 million monthly active users? In what reality? I mostly agree with the rest of the article, but there's no future in Google+ and no reason to use it. I have yet to read any stories, not from Google, about anyone who did well with a Google+ profile for their business.

Web Consultant
    Array
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KristineS View Post
    Google + has 300 million monthly active users? In what reality? I mostly agree with the rest of the article, but there's no future in Google+ and no reason to use it. I have yet to read any stories, not from Google, about anyone who did well with a Google+ profile for their business.
    It is used quite a bit by tech people. it's where all of the tech communities are, and more importantly it's where all of the Google developers are and their various developer communities.

Also, if you have an Android phone you have a Google account. Technically you automatically have a Google+ account..whether or not you utilize it is another story. People use that account to log into things and to access other Google services.

Google Apps is also pretty popular for businesses, and again Google+ is where that community is. Your Google+ account is also your personal or business profile info for those services.

I use Project Fi mobile service...when I need to know something about Fi...Google+ page or Fi community.

Also, any business with a Google places listing, adwords account and so on also has a Google+ profile.

So while it may not be a social network that we think of when comparing it to Facebook, it actually is used by a certain demographic for certain reasons.

Array

Thanks for the tool, i will check it out and see if it is worth buying. As for the social media campaign, one tip i suggest joining Facebook groups and pages as many as possible, that are related to your niche and posting your website and promotion message to them. that is a very good facebook marketing strategy.

Queen of the Forum
    Array

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Harold Mansfield View Post
    It is used quite a bit by tech people. it's where all of the tech communities are, and more importantly it's where all of the Google developers are and their various developer communities.

Also, if you have an Android phone you have a Google account. Technically you automatically have a Google+ account..whether or not you utilize it is another story. People use that account to log into things and to access other Google services.

Google Apps is also pretty popular for businesses, and again Google+ is where that community is. Your Google+ account is also your personal or business profile info for those services.

I use Project Fi mobile service...when I need to know something about Fi...Google+ page or Fi community.

Also, any business with a Google places listing, adwords account and so on also has a Google+ profile.

So while it may not be a social network that we think of when comparing it to Facebook, it actually is used by a certain demographic for certain reasons.
    Fair enough - it is used by certain groups. Made a classic marketing mistake there, assumed that since I didn't use it and didn't know anyone who did, than nobody was using it. Good lesson to be reminded of once again, never assume that every demographic out there has the same experience you're having.

Web Consultant
    Array
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KristineS View Post
    Fair enough - it is used by certain groups. Made a classic marketing mistake there, assumed that since I didn't use it and didn't know anyone who did, than nobody was using it. Good lesson to be reminded of once again, never assume that every demographic out there has the same experience you're having.
    That being said, everyone still agrees that it kind of sucks and Google hasn't done much to help make it any better
    The configuration with Hangouts is kind of confusing. It all works together, but Google has a way of over complicating things for the average user.

I honestly like the G+ app far better than the Facebook app. The Facebook app is a battery hog. On that Google did well. Sadly none of my friends are on G+.

Registered Member
    Array

Great tip you got there!

I think another tip that anyone who wants to develop their social media campaign is to have social media measurements. This way they know how well each social media site have been a benefit to the industry.

Some of the basic social media measurements are:

Response Rate: the percentage of user posts or questions that the administrator responded to.

Response Time: the average amount of time that it takes for the administrator to respond to user posts or questions.

Engagement Rate: the amount of user interactions (likes, comments and shares) that occur on your page.

Key Influencer Identification: identifying the users that most frequently interact with your page’s content.

User Activity: identifying the times of days and the days of week in which your users are engaging most frequently with your page.

Distribution of Fans: identifying which countries your fans are from.

By monitoring and checking how their social media sites do, they understand the best tactics to put forward a social media strategy.

So before anything else, I think one of the essential points of a social media campaign is the measurements themselves.

Goodluck! I hope that helps!
    Last edited by vangogh; 03-19-2017 at 11:20 AM. Reason: removed self promotional link

Anyone got an updated version of the info in the OP? It's two years old at this stage but the comparison format was quite useful in terms of numbers of active users on each of the social media platforms.
    I've co-founded a startup called Bookmemate!
    We provide an all-in-one business management platform designed for small businesses & sole traders.

Web Consultant
    Array
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bookmemate View Post
    Anyone got an updated version of the info in the OP? It's two years old at this stage but the comparison format was quite useful in terms of numbers of active users on each of the social media platforms.
    Try here: Global Social Media Statistics Summary 2017