Thread: Cleaning business abroad while studying

Default Cleaning business abroad while studying

Hello, i am new here.

I will start studying Business management next year in Denmark ( i am from Lithuania) . I have a little experience in cleaning industry. I was wondering how hard is it to start cleaning business? I should start working on my own and as time goes by i could employ other students. Denmark has student benefits for students who work atleast 50 hours a month, so students are willing to work really cheap in this area.

Is it possible to get some customers by going from place to place and offering my services with leaflets for people, stores, anything that could use our services? Is it possible to make it work WITHOUT HIGH experience at the beginning. I have worked for like 2 months but i am not sure if i am good enough at it and can keep customers with me.will i get more customers by mentioning thats we're students?

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Welcome to the forum Mariuse. Starting any business is a challenge. That said I think you can definitely start a cleaning business and I wouldn't worry too much about your lack of experience. I wouldn't tell potential customers you don't have a lot of experience, though. No reason to advertise it. I wouldn't specifically mention your students either, unless you're approaching a business that specifically wants to help students. Businesses will want you to do a good job and be on time and things like that.

I would approach business in the area and see if they need cleaning help. Don't be dejected if they turn you down. It can be hard to find your first few clients. If people turn you down, try to understand why so you can adapt your offer. The main thing is to get out there and try. You can definitely do this and don't worry about your lack of experience. Lots of people start businesses without a lot of experience.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

Queen of the Forum
    Array

Blog Entries

Hi Maurise. I think it's definitely possible to start a cleaning business. It sounds like you've already looked into some of the laws and regulations in Denmark, so that's one thing done. It also sounds that you're more interested in cleaning for businesses and not residences, so that's another thing done, as you've narrowed your target market.

Advertising yourself as a cleaning service staffed by students can have benefits and drawbacks. On one hand, some businesses might really like supporting another business that is employing people who are working to get an education. On the other hand, some business owners might think students would be lazy or sloppy. A lot depends on how that fact about your business is presented. Done properly, I think it could be an asset and a nice marketing tool.

Mariuse there is someone out there waiting for you to find him. And he is willing to pay the price you ask, you just have to find him. As long as you keep that in mind, you should have no problem finding clients.