Thread: Water springs on land.

Default Water springs on land.

Greetings
    Looking for a point in a direction any help appreciated.
    Let me give a brief background first, my father and I own a coffee farm in Colombia with 52 acers our attempt to sell coffee has been filled with headches with unstable weather in the region. So we have given up on coffee, in this time our search to figure out what to do i was curious about a stream that ran through out our land.

To the water.
    I contacted a company and they traced the stream to the source and they found that we have 5 springs in the mountain. We had the water tested and the results came back clean and high ph.

Now to my questions
    We are not sure if we want to start our own bottled water company due to the money needed to start. I wanted to know who or how can i contact a big or small corporation to lease them the water for them to pump and use. For example they would come in and set up their plant. So 2 questions, 1 who would i contact. And 2 would it be better to start our plant and sell the water either to other company looking to sell water or have our own brand.

Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated because it very hard to find any information about this in my search in google.

I cannot assist, but I'lll tell you my experience. My father's friend bottled sterile water for hospitals and such. They drilled a hole, built a building around the hole, pumped it out, and ran it through the machinery. They didn't stay in business long, not sure why.

I have a representative in Columbia and I've never had issue dealing with Columbia. But my brother in law works for a billion dollar company who has a stake in Columbia and they have problems regularly.

I would believe you should be able to find a bottler in a big city like Bogota or Medellin who might work with you.

Personally I believe it would be best for you to lease your land to a bottler. More money in your own brand, but a much greater risk.

I was thinking that route would be more secure, only thing is i can't figure out who to contact as far as personnel wise with these big corporations. Serching through google has left me with not many resources on the topic. I did come accross international bottle water association and got a responce from them. They said i could find some basic questions answered as a member.

BottleWaterWeb shows bottlers other SA countries, but not Columbia. Maybe you could contact them and see if they can assist.

Web Consultant
    Array
    Blog Entries

This is very interesting and sounds like a sound strategy. Can't wait to hear if you're able to get some interest. Good luck.