Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help marketing new bookkeeping service!

Array

Quote Originally Posted by americanmailprofits View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Harold Mansfield
    Here's some honest truth about "word of mouth". It's a lie. ....
    I disagree with this tremendously. I am part of a company who has spent $0.00 in advertising and nets $1 million+/year. The business is construction so its easy to get to the million mark, but the point is Word of mouth is a GREAT way to build a business..

There has been 0 downtime in work, even through the 08 crash... so, word of mouth is a great asset.

Example:
    John uses your services. John knows people and is casually talking to Pam. Pam is looking for something similar to what John is using...Pam inquires...
    Pam buys because she knows someone who has personally used this services and the level of TRUST is higher then if JOHN was no in equation.
    Here's the thing. Both of these statements are only half truths. Harold's statement, as written in the quote, misses the context that the rest of his post contains.

I'm in the "word of mouth is great" camp, yet I don't rely on it exclusively. I still cold call when I happen to drive buy a potential customer that I'm not dealing with. Yet I can almost guarantee that the construction company you work for had to hustle and cold call at times.
    Brad Miedema
    Fulcrum Saw & Tool

Web Consultant
    Array
    Blog Entries

I disagree with this tremendously. I am part of a company who has spent $0.00 in advertising and nets $1 million+/year. The business is construction so its easy to get to the million mark, but the point is Word of mouth is a GREAT way to build a business..

There has been 0 downtime in work, even through the 08 crash... so, word of mouth is a great asset.

Example:
    John uses your services. John knows people and is casually talking to Pam. Pam is looking for something similar to what John is using...Pam inquires...
    Pam buys because she knows someone who has personally used this services and the level of TRUST is higher then if JOHN was no in equation.
    That's a referral. It's sales. It wasn't just "word of mouth", someone did something to get the sale. There was a personal relationship and a referral. Yeah, you can do that all day long if you are a good salesman and have a decent network to call on.

Simply Mia's
    Array

Default Your best website isn't your website :)

Norma, word of mouth might as well be dead as compared to online advertising, my advice is to concentrate on your Google Map listing. I'd love to go through the whole process, but here it is condensed:

Establish a Gmail address specifically for your business at https://www.google.com/gmail/about/ -- you could call it something like pencilboxbookkeeping@gmail.com

Claim your business through Google Maps -- just go to https://google.com/maps and enter the name of your business. If you see "Is this your business", click that and go through the claiming process.

Once you've claimed your business, go into your Google My Business dashboard -- access that at https://www.google.com/business/ and sign in with your Gmail address.

Add photos. In your type of business, photos of yourself and your staff, a storefront photo, etc. Keep thinking about photo ideas that would be interesting and informative. You can't have too many photos.

Go to the Info section and add categories, look for accounting, bookkeeping, etc, just start typing and you'll get category suggestions. Be super-honest with your categories.

Go to the Info section and add your business description. Fill that up with what you do and where you do it.

Link to your Google Map from everywhere you can, like we do below -- go to Google Maps, enter your business name, click on Share, and copy the short link.

https://goo.gl/maps/PeHrPPygxKG2 << our Google Map listing.

Also highly consider embedding your Google Map on every page of your website. Again, as above, click on Share, click on Embed, copy that code, and put it into a document. You or your Webmaster can then embed that code into the code side of your website builder program.

Ask your best customers for reviews. Get past the hesitancy to ask for reviews, you need them.

Many SEO experts are now calling your Google Map listing "your new website" -- people can look at your listing, get directions, read and give reviews, look at photos, and CLICK STRAIGHT THROUGH TO YOUR WEBSITE anyway.

Google Maps is free, website SEO is $$$$$ -- also we've seen most bookkeeping services and accountant pay very little attention to Google Maps, so you definitely have a chance to rank!

Professional Waxing Services in Seattle WA

Simply Mia's
    Array

Oopsie, looks like our friend Norma might be out of business?

No mo http://pencilboxbookkeeping.com

IT
    Array

Are you not ready to move beyond traditional marketing procedures? I mean you can advertise your offers effectively on various social media sites. If not, Television and print media are also effective though it will take some time to give positive results. Goodluck

I disagree with this tremendously.
    Never made it to a million but I used to run a business with a six-figure income that was mostly built on relationship marketing and word of mouth. Never used LinkedIn don't like it.

Regards,
    Steve MacLellan