Thread: For women established in the workforce

Default For women established in the workforce

What where some of your struggles in building up your careers? And how did you overcome those struggles?

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

I'm not a woman and I'm not in the workforce so I can't answer your questions, but I wanted to respond to give your thread a bump and help others notices it. Did you have more specific questions? Why were you looking for the answers to your questions. My guess is more details from you will lead to a greater response from the people here.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

Queen of the Forum
    Array

Blog Entries

Speaking up was a big one when I first started out. I knew I could lead and I had good ideas, but I tended to not feel comfortable pushing my own agenda or making sure that those who needed to know did know about what I'd accomplished. I still have problems with that. Self promotion is very hard for me. I'm great at promoting others, but not nearly as comfortable with promoting myself.

Array

I had a few issues getting into the carpenting market but it was mainly due to my classmates in school when I was doing my training and not so much during my time running my own business. I felt as if though my peers didn't think I would be able to graduate

Array

I don't think us women have much reason to feel like we are being treated bad in our work environment, at least here in Switzerland opportunities are very equal. It's not something that I think about a whole lot to be honest