Thread: How do you lead accounting sales?

Question How do you lead accounting sales?

Hi!

How do you lead accounting sales? Not for tax, for own using.
    I see on MS Excel (for offline) or Google Sheets (for online). For example:

07/15/2015:
    Item Count Cost
    item1 1 199
    item2 3 4.99

What is your experience?

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Accounting isn't my area of expertise, but I thought I'd help keep your thread active. Forgive me in advance if I don't have anything useful to say.

First some questions. If it's for your own use and not specifically for taxes, why not think about what kind of information you need to know and what information you want to know? What do you plan on using the information to do? Is this to help you keep track of sales? Is it to help you understand what to order? Or what products to carry? Knowing what you want to do with the information can help you decide what information to collect.

My sales have mostly come online and I've been fine downloading whatever information the companies I use to collect money let me download. I'm certain interested in how much money I've made. I like to know when I made it too. Did I earn more in the winter or summer? Is the pattern the same year over year. I don't have any inventory to track, though I'm interesting in how many sales I've made as well how much revenue I took in.

Hopefully something in there is helpful.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

Array

I'm an accountant, but I am having some issues understanding your question. What do you mean by "lead accounting sales".

What are you specifically needing and for internal usage - I generally build something that tells me information I want/need to know, but aren't really relevant for tax purposes.
    Tran Nguyen
    Accountant
    Tran'sActions Accounting, LLC