Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Food Product Business, Approaching Woes

That's a good point. Not Disclosing what the product is can have other downsides. Besides making it harder to make a sale you don't know what people's feedback to it is. Meaning it could seem like a great product to you but you might end up seeing the people just don't like it.

As far as the margin. A healthy business will sell the product for three times you're asking price. I have to take into account the taxes they have to pay and their possible downsides. In addition, when selling a food product you have to take into account that there will be some returns. If the product doesn't move off the shelf too long and get spoiled the business will expect you to take it back or replace it.

Array

Please attach one of he deserts to your next post so we can give it a taste test and let you know how we like it. Personally just knowing it is a desert is specific enough. I have experience in a number of different industries but never the food industry. It can be a tough field. My best estimate is the retail price should be at least 3 times your cost to make it. From that you will have to give a discount to the shops and stores that sell it and that will likely be in the 25-40% range.
    Ray Badger, Turbo Technologies, Inc.
    www.TurboTurf.com www.IceControlSprayers.com