Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I Literally Got In 2 Accidents In One Day

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Sorry to hear about the accidents Owen. No matter how they made you feel, the most important thing is you're ok. I assume everyone else is too.

Also welcome to the club. I'm pretty sure most of us have been in some kind of accident over the years. I remember a time when I was maybe a year or two older than you, when I drove into my boss' car pulling out of a parking space after work. Totally my fault and for about a month I signed all my paychecks over to him.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

Array

I'm glad everyone including you are okay. Hate the snow and ice...don't hate Maine! lol I live in Canada...so I have had a few shattered bumpers from time to time. I'm just glad spring is around the corner...I am so tired of clearing snow. haha My father has a name for the type of fender bender you had first: he say it was slippery out and the guy needed traction so you gave him "a $3000 push". I hope tomorrow is a better day. Take Care.
    Brian Davis Your Security Guy www.SecurityGrinder.com Here to learn and here to help where I can. Got questions about security? Send them along and if I can't help I can certainly point you in the right direction. brian@securitygrinder.com

Glad to hear you are all right, I've been in more than a few car wrecks (none while I was driving, but several as a passenger) and it can be a frightening experience no matter the damage involved. It rarely ices over here in Houston - let alone snows - but one of the few times just so happened to be the night Metallica was playing here back in 1989. We were in high school and packed in my friend's car headed to the old Coliseum and slid several times, the last into one of the few other drivers on the road. Luckily no one was hurt and not not much damage was done, insurance was exchanged and we made our way to the show - that's a whole other story...

Had an accident 7 years ago or so. It was a rural freeway in FL with cross roads. Elderly couple didn't see me. I was probably going about 55. The stopped at their crossroad stop sign. Then they started up when I was about at the crossroad and they tried to cross. I hit them in the left rear quarter panel. I just nicked them, but it was enough to send them spinning in a couple of circles. I was happy when they got out of their car. It had the potential of being a really bad accident. The woman had an oxygen tank.

I told the officer what happened and he sent me on my way, no ticket. I must have scared the hell out of them though.

I'm 60 and have been in 3 other accidents I can think of. There might be one or two more that I don't remember.

I grew up in a suburb of Chicago. I used to go to vacant iced over parking lots and do doughnuts etc. I think that helped me in emergency manoeuvring as an adult.