Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Are you using Twitter to market your business?

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Depends how you're using it. I don't think people every wanted to be marketed to in any medium, but at the same time they still will respond to marketing if they're engaged with the medium or the marketing.

I'd rather watch programming than commercials, but there are plenty of commercials that still attract my attention and I enjoy watching. I think most of us could say the same.

With Twitter I don't think the idea is to broadcast your marketing message, though some are successful with that. I think it's a more a channel for communication that ultimately improves your marketing.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

Registered Member
    Array

I use Twitter for my business, along with Facebook. I find it useful as a medium for interaction especially when posting quick updates on events and promotions. There are a lot of spam in Twitter, but if used responsibly, it can boost your network and help your business gain clients through ReTweets.

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Lately a few people have been tweeting and then retweeting my blog posts without my having to do anything. It's been nice. Twitter's been turning into one of my better sources of traffic. People are even sticking around long enough to read the posts.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me

Registered Member
    Array

Quote Originally Posted by vangogh View Post
    Lately a few people have been tweeting and then retweeting my blog posts without my having to do anything. It's been nice. Twitter's been turning into one of my better sources of traffic. People are even sticking around long enough to read the posts.
    I find RTs very helpful too. That's why it pays to have lots of followers- to let more people know about your link. The key is to make every Tweet informative so it can get retweeted again.

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Yep. Not always easy to do, but nice when you can. I'm glad other people are tweeting my posts. I'll usually retweet the first one in a thank you, but I'd rather someone else be the first to tweet the link.