Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Creating a brand

Default Creating a brand

Since we started our business it's been our intention to one day create our own brand of hats. It looks like we're about to finally do it because of some quality problems with one of our current suppliers. These hats will have a lining in them and traditionally the hat company prints its logo on the liner. My question is about the logo. Should I use our current store logo or do you think I could get away with creating a new logo just for the hats? We will never wholesale these hats so they'll have the "Aaron Hats" name and will retail anywhere from $150 to $180.

Thanks,

Aaron

Array

What would be the benefit of developing a different logo for the brand hats?

I would think that using the store logo would be more effective than going for a different one...so just not seeing why you would want to develop another logo...

I'm just not sure the rectangular logo would look good on the oval shaped lining. Also, because of the price of the hat I thought something a little more upscale looking would be better.

Aaron

Array

Ahhhh...see I was envisioning just the letters from your logo on there...kind of like Gucci, Anne Klein and so on...plenty upscale to me...but then I still shop at Walmart...lol

Hey, that's not a bad idea. I'll be able to have some text printed on the sweatband of the hat so I don't need the url from the logo.

Web Consultant
    Array
    Blog Entries

I think the letters are plenty fine, unless something comes across your desk that looks even more appealing.

Array

i dont see a problem with your current logo.

if you are going to have multiple lines with different price points then id consider making a few different versions of the logo...

in the end its one of those things which really doesnt matter...people will look at the logo, but they wont think about it like your doing!

Array

I think you could make the rectangular frame of the logo elliptical, to fit the space upon which it will be printed. It would be a 'new' logo but the same. Or just drop the frame altogether.

I wouldn't use the URL, though, on the liner or sweatband. Who will look inside their hat to find your web address?! It just strikes me as cheap. I'll bet Gucchi doesn't have their URL printed on their merchandise, do they? You don't see a URL or phone number on automobile badges, but you do see them on number plate frames, and the lack of "classiness" is obvious.

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Aaron I agree with everyone that could just use the A and not have the rest. It still carries your brand. I'd also think the URL could be a bit much, though you could always include it on a tag that gets removed after purchase.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

Array

isnt the URL helping advertise where to find you? why dump it?