Thread: unpaid invoice from vendor

Default unpaid invoice from vendor

I have a vendor who has recently screwed me over by refusing to honor a big warranty claim. No legit reason given, just too expensive for them I guess. I would have to take them to court.

Coincidentally, there is also a big order they invoiced me for but forgot to charge my credit card for. In my mind, if I don't pay, we're even.

How long do you suppose I have for them to bring up the unpaid invoice and I'm still obligated to pay? A year? Two years? Is there any time limit? After a year I can imagine they won't find it. I wouldn't normally do this with a vendor, but here I feel that they owe me.

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

I had no idea so I did a quick search. It varies by state, but in most states in somewhere between 4-6 years.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

Banned
    Array

Doesn't really matter what you feel. It matters what is legal and defensible in court. If they do not honor their warranty, they are breaking their contract with you (because a warranty is a form of a contract between seller and buyer). If you change your credit card (for example), so that they cannot charge your card after you received the goods, you are stealing from them and might be charged with wire fraud. So... I recommend having a discussion with an attorney who can provide you with really solid legal advice.