Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I want to hear (honest) opinion from non-tech people

Array

Well, Ok, very non tech here. But, non tech doesn’t mean totally clueless.

With that in mind I found the blog to be much too wordy and a bit patronizing. Takes along a time to get to the point, and even then I’m not sure what you are selling. Too many side bar “read more” links.

I would follow your own advice and get to the “value proposition” much quicker…like immediately. Of course I realize it’s a blog and you would expect people to read through BUT I don’t think they will.

Web Consultant
    Array
    Blog Entries

I feel I need to point out the obvious. You are blogging in English and it is clearly not your first language. Nothing else matters until you take care of that problem. Either find someone to proof read your articles, have a native English speaker write them, or blog in the language that you speak well.

You could be the smartest guy in the world, but trying to communicate that in a language that you don't speak or write well kills any chance of anyone knowing that.

The web is unforgiving. People don't give you a chance to get it together and you don't get any points for trying hard. You cannot target a market if you are are unable to communicate with them effectively.

Quote Originally Posted by Harold Mansfield View Post
    I feel I need to point out the obvious. You are blogging in English and it is clearly not your first language. Nothing else matters until you take care of that problem. Either find someone to proof read your articles, have a native English speaker write them, or blog in the language that you speak well.
    Quoting for emphasis. Your goal is admirable but, to be frank, the content reads like a spun article or something from Google translate. I hope you don't take that as an attack or an offensive comment, it's not meant to be.

I agree with Harold's three options, and I really like the "blog in the language that you speak well" suggestion. Yes, the target audience on the web is probably much smaller than English, but you'll gain traction a lot faster and figure out what's working. Then you can translate posts to English.