Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is your social media helping you or is it more of a hassle?

Social Media is very helpful when it comes to marketing of your product or services. Especially nowadays, when everything is so digital and internet. There are so many channels that you can use for promotion, they are all in front of you - Google +, YouTube, Twitter etc. All you need is a good strategy.
    Software Development Company in San Francisco - MobiDev.biz

Array

The usefulness of social media and the type of social media that is effective is going to vary a lot by the type of business. Most social media for me varies a lot. I really can't get too into Twitter or Linkdin. I can't see either being useful. I put some time and effort into Facebook and even though I can't pin down any real benefit or return on the time I will keep plugging away on Facebook. Now for me YouTube has been totally wonderful. Creating and posting a video is a one time thing that pays off for years. We have had tens of thousands of people watch some of the videos and I am quite sure it has generated lots of business. Other businesses might have the opposite experiences. I may play around with a few other social media sites in the future but only if time permits. It is a pain that those of us who need more than 24 hours in a day only get the same 24 hours that everyone else gets.
    Ray Badger, Turbo Technologies, Inc.
    www.TurboTurf.com www.IceControlSprayers.com

Queen of the Forum
    Array

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by turboguy View Post
    The usefulness of social media and the type of social media that is effective is going to vary a lot by the type of business.
    Such a good point and something a lot of businesses don't understand. It takes some experimenting and some research to figure out where the target market is for a business and what social media platforms will successfully reach that market. It's not something that happens overnight and no social media platform will work for every business.

Array

my logic tells me that if i have low % of my users to have any interest in my page, its bad.
    exp: 10k user but only 200 have true interest = bad for promotion.

I honestly believe in benefits of social media presence of any kind of a business. First, it increase brand awareness, and even if someone is still skeptical about it turning into real sales, I wouldn't skip it for my own business. Second, it is a great way to look for new customers as the usage of social media is a habit for lots of people, that's why it is a great opportunity to offer them something while they are scrolling their news feeds.
    InvoiceBerry - an online invoicing & billing software for freelancers and small businesses

Due to my personal statistics, it helps a lot

I am still struggling with it. I am focusing now on creating more local Facebook friends
    Chris
    Owner Cel Financial
    https://incometaxprepfillmore.com/

Array

Quote Originally Posted by chrismarklee View Post
    I am still struggling with it. I am focusing now on creating more local Facebook friends
    you may want to check out rachel miller on fb.