Thread: Biggest Mistake

Array

Default Biggest Mistake

This has probably been asked before so forgive me if I'm being redundant. I launched my business in February and have been trying to do it on the side until I can sprout a couple roots but along the way I am finding it more and more difficult to work FT for someone else and try to run a business. That isn't really the point of this post, I am just trying to establish I haven't had much time to see my mistakes. So my questions is this, when you started your business what are a couple of the biggest mistakes you made? How did you overcome them?

Thank you

I would say that the biggest mistake that I have made so far is procrastinating. I haven't been in business too long, but I do know that putting something off will never help you. You need to get stuff done before it's too late. If you don't want to do something and put it off, you can definitely lose out on things that you could have done if you would have just finished something when you needed to. I know that it makes it easier for me to get things done when I create a to-do list of things that need to be done and break up big tasks into smaller tasks.

I hope that this helps you and best of luck in your endeavors.

-Kaloeb

Web Consultant
    Array
    Blog Entries

One of many mistakes I made in the beginning was lurching from job to job and not building a pipeline throughout the year. Also not cultivating existing customers to be long term clients. I wasted a lot of time and left a lot of money on the table still thinking like an employee and not like an owner.

We started out so small none of our mistakes were too bad. I would say not checking the credit worthiness of new customers was a painful lesson learned.