Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Phone Systems: Ring Central vs 8x8, or others

Array

Quote Originally Posted by billbenson View Post
    I don't think VoIP has progressed to the stage of appearing like your are in FL when you are actually in Panama.
    \\

Actually, it has...that's one of the best things about VoIP is that I can be anywhere while taking/placing calls from a local DID. The only thing that you have to keep in mind is that your internet service and your VoIP Provider location will impact your call quality.

Quote Originally Posted by MyITGuy View Post
    \\

Actually, it has...that's one of the best things about VoIP is that I can be anywhere while taking/placing calls from a local DID. The only thing that you have to keep in mind is that your internet service and your VoIP Provider location will impact your call quality.
    Panama City is a large international banking center like the Cayman Islands. I'm sure it has quality ISP's. It's pretty safe to. Also inexpensive. You should be able to rent a nice house for about $1k per month. A live in maid costs about $100 a month.

Array

Quote Originally Posted by billbenson View Post
    Panama City is a large international banking center like the Cayman Islands. I'm sure it has quality ISP's.
    It's possible, but always better to verify.

Additionally, while the local connectivity may be great you may run into issues when you connect back to your VoIP Provider if they do not have a local presence.

VoIP is heavily dependent on latency and jitter, check out Pingtest.net - The Global Broadband Quality Test from the location(s) you plan to operate from against a server that is in the area of your VoIP point of presence to get an idea of the quality of the connection/call

If your VoIP Provider does not have a local presence, then see if they are on/near the ARCOS-1 Fiber ring (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ARCOS-1), one main connection is in Miami which then gives you plenty of connectivity to the US although you may want to stay local to Miami/Tampa/Orlando/Jacksonville before going up the east coast.

CallHippo
    Array

apart form vonage,ringcentral,and 8*8 i wish to know what you think about CallHippo.

CallHippo
    Array

ringcentral vs 8*8 i will consider CallHippo as other
    Ask me anything Releted to virtual PBX

CallHippo
    Array

CallHippo looks good the provides local usa phone number
    Ask me anything Releted to virtual PBX