Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: What's the Most Unique Marketing Method You've Used

I was selling RC (remote control) airplanes and parts at a regional show. The show was close to the local college. I found 4 college girls and offered them 5% commissions to help out. I gave each of them a stack of fliers with a coupon for $5.00 off on $25.00 or more purchase. I had them write their names on the back of the fliers so I could track sales.

The only hard costs up front were the tee shirts I gave the girls and the cost of the fliers.

It worked very well. In fact the guy who bought that business uses it to this day.

Array

Do anyone advertise their business on their car? How effective do you think it would be for a bookkeeping company?

My father-in-law does the car advertisement for his company.
    The only problem is that he has a drug screening company so he has a half full pee cup
    over his logo. NO ONE wants a ride from him and a few eggs have been thrown at it.

Array

I don't. Mostly because we have older vehicles and I think it would be a bad move...

Array

Jo Ellen - it probably wouldn't help very much. It would also depend on what vehicle it was on and if it looked professional or not. For instance, a magnetic sign on the side of a mini-van would probably not be a positive image for a bookkeeper.

I've got a $3,000 vinyl wrap on my work van and it gets me only 1 or 2 jobs per year.
    Steve B

Array

All great ideas. But, marketing is more than being unique. You also have to target your market - find out why your customers purchase, how they purchase and where they look for information - then seek ways to stand out or remain in their mind. But, just being unique is not enough. I could ask the members of the next mission to the moon to put my business name together out of moon rocks on the light side of the moon. While that is unique, none of my customers would ever see it.
    Capital LookUp - Business Information At Your Finger Tips!

Queen of the Forum
    Array

Blog Entries

Your point about targeting is right on. It's something I talk about constantly when I'm talking about finding customers and making sure your advertising has good ROI. It's the same thing when it comes to social media. It isn't about talking to a ton of people, it's about talking to the right people. You have to be selective about where your messages appear and who sees them.

Array

My marketing tends to be all online and I've done a lot of the usual. Blogging, SEO, social media participation, forum participation. I like to think I'm creative within all of the above, but I'll have to think of any unusual ideas I've put into practice.