Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What's the Most Unique Marketing Method You've Used

Array

To avoid getting lost in the Christmas frenzy, send a New Year card, instead. Yours will be the last card they receive and therefore more likely to be remembered. Plus, yours is likely to be the only New Years card they receive. And they certainly won't notice that you didn't send them a Christmas card. And, you get away from the Christmas, Hanukka, Kwanza, etc. minefield!

And - surprise, surprise - New Years cards cost exactly the same as Christmas cards! Just make sure you get the cards printed with your business name, even if you choose to sign them personally.

Array

Quote Originally Posted by Business Attorney View Post
    That's a great idea, Frederick. I don't do any really unusual marketing but I do one thing more or less along the lines of Paul's "lumpy mail."
    Few people will discard any mailed product that is "lumpy." Once they get inside you want them to have something they will truly use AND an offer in addition to the "lump."

Personally, I use Outlook and my PDA rather than a calendar. I suspect that many of the people that get my calendar never use it, but it costs about the same as a card (except for the extra postage) and my hope is that on a day when someone opens 10 cards and my calendar and letter, they'll remember mine.
    David, make your offer something that will make the reader stop and think. (More in a case study I'll post later! It produced an AVALANCHE of business for a tax attorney!)

At the end of the year, it seems like every law firm in Chicago is sending holiday cards. While I do send some cards, I send a week-at-a-glance pocket calendar with a mail-merge generated letter with a short holiday greeting to some of the people on my list .
    In Dallas, several people sent special appreciations for business referral to me at Thanksgiving. These avoided the crush of "recognitions" during the December Holidays and were appropriate for anyone in America regardless of religious affiliation or the lack of it. Many years later I can remember the Thanksgiving gifts and the senders vs. the ones in December.

Yes, a New Year card would do the same thing and would be even more unique. By all means insert some type of compelling offer. If you don't it's nothing more than image advertising.

Paul

Array

Quote Originally Posted by orion_joel View Post
    This is one thing i have always wanted to find something that i could do in my business to really catch the eye of potential customers. Something that they notice and dont quickly forget. For some industries it is fairly easy to think of things, while other get overdone with many ideas and it is hard to stand out from the rest of the crowd.
    Joel, what single thing do you wish to become or promote?

You may want to become the Kim Komando, www.KimKomando.com of Australia.

Paul

Array

I take my baby with me on quick sales calls - she's good, cute and everyone remembers us!
    ~Jenn
    Crazy Dog Creative: Graphic Design and Marketing

Queen of the Forum
    Array

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Blessed View Post
    I take my baby with me on quick sales calls - she's good, cute and everyone remembers us!
    Do you think that will work when she's verbal?

I have to agree, she is awfully cute.

Array

Quote Originally Posted by Blessed View Post
    Jenn, I'd love it! You girls would have me hook, line, and checkbook! Does it have the same beneficlal effect on other customers, or are some put off by it?

Paul

Array

I had black, satin-finish matchbooks embossed with my URL. Then, I take them with me to any small-business mixers or business functions at restaurants/bars.

I leave a few on all the cocktail tables (especially outdoors, where the smokers go). I've noticed most people will pick up, keep and continue to use matches than other promo items.

This tact has worked out for me, and you're all welcome to copy. I think matches are a better remembrance to hand out at those mixers than a business card (which are a dime a dozen, there).

:-) - Erin
    Erin Writes
    Freelance Copywriting & Marketing Help
    http://www.erinwrites.com

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Good idea with the matchbooks. Eventually the matches run out, but at least it gets people to notice them and take a look and they should get to see your name a number of times. I would think if you continue to do the same thing at each function your brand starts to stick in their minds.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

Array

*Warning: Self-Promotion Zone ahead*

We're resellers for the inventor of eGrips, a non-slip sticker that many companies have used to brand cell phones and/or advertise their business. It is pretty innovative and useful to whoever gets it. (I still have my Yankees eGrip on my phone after two years.) egrips Ad Specialty Items for Trade Shows and Corporate Branding
    Social Learning, not just socializing, plus the best blog I could throw together.
    Bankruptcy Questions answered, and Social Security Disability cases reviewed.

Array

Matches are fine if you don't rely on the smoking crowd. So many people have given up smoking now that the target for your ad is much diminished. What's worse, these new non-smokers don't even frequent smoking places like non-smokers of old, on two counts - secondhand smoke and fewer places that allow smoking. Plus many places where smokers go have become 'no smoking areas' so smokers have to go outside to indulge.

Current users of book matches might be limited to barbecue cooks and boy scouts!