Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which Search Engine Gives The Best Results

Web Consultant
    Array
    Blog Entries

I'll be honest here, I checked my own search terms for some of my own sites and amazingly enough I fared better on Yahoo and Bing, although 80% of my traffic comes from Google.

I use Google as a default too, but I search so much everyday, I can find what I need on pretty much any of the 3 by refining the search parameters.

I don't think people who work on the web all the time will notice much of a difference, since we know how to get around the internet a little better than the average 5 hour a week internet user.

I am getting impressed by Bing. Even before I got the email newsletter announcing it, or saw any forum posts about it, I saw traffic from it a few days before which made me investigate, where as I almost never saw any traffic from Live.

I voted for the one that my company website came up in 2 out of the 10 results!
    LOL

It was Google...

But I am starting to like Bing... It seems to be growing on me and the daily photo's are cool so they are marketing it well.

Google results are getting to full of useless content. :-)

I dont care much for yahoo since they have been actively monetizing their organic results in order to keep the lights on... $49 per page for an "express indexing" and that is just for 1 page, if you have 10 interior pages it is $49 for each page...

Get real! I wish Microsoft owned them so at lest we would only have to deal with 2.

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Microsoft does now own Yahoo search. At least assuming the deal clears all the legal hurdles, which it probably will. It might take a couple of years before everything between the two is integrated as per their deal, but in couple of years Yahoo search results will be powered by Bing.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

When it is all said and done I will be happy... One less headache, 1 less PPC account I have to set up.

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

That's how Microsoft hopes you see it too. They're hoping more people will be willing to open one account instead of having to open two and that more people will mean more bids leading to higher bids on the ads.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals