Thread: Question as to efficient market research methods

Question Question as to efficient market research methods

Hello, everyone.

I am a newbie would-be self-educated market research assistant. I have been learning the ropes for some time now and I will continue to do so. Even though I am doing fine enough, I am making projection about how I will be good enough than I am doing now in terms of market research in particular. That point is hard to guess because I just wonder how can I find more companies to contact in Internet 5 years later than I do right now as long as I employ similar method. So my question is:

What is the most efficient way to find list of companies on Internet? Does any body know whether there is a sole database that categorize the types of companies, in high numbers in fact. Because you know , using google to find them isn't convenient way to come up with a list of companies in hundreds thousands, for example, in Romania or Italy because even a proper Internet research only enables you to find a handful of companies but the thought is, there gotta be lots of companies existing. You can't expect yourself to accept that there is actually few flooring contractors , for example in Romania, which has 20 million citizen,( I could found only 14 flooring companies in Romania, is that a joke?), but unfortunately I haven't been able to find more than score for any country.

That kind of thought led me to think that how I should revise or improve my research methods in order to come up with more companies. I deeply appreciate your kind comments, recommendations, clues etc.

Thank you.

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

I doubt there's a list with every company. I would use search engines and continue to refine my search until I found what I want. I don't think it's as hard as you're suggesting. For example I typed "flooring companies romania" into Google and the first result listed 258 companies. I didn't look through every company listed so I'm sure there will be less than 258 that will be useful, but that's a good start. Then I would try other searches and I'd build my own list and continue to grow it with more searches.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

First thanks for your reply,

Yeah, actually I come up with many results on google, yet, as you said, the number of useful ones seems to be lesser. I think some frustration leads me to the conclusion that somewhere deep enough, there gotta be some relatively more useful data Well, why anyone bother with this kind of tedious task, isn't it? But at the same time I can't help asking my self that if I usually end up with lesser numbers of companies that has average-quality web site, contact details etc. then the great majority of companies, flooring for example, are either off the net or they don't have proper online interface and relevant data.

Thanks again for the advice though. I will keep on sticking to the script, but still, keeping the thought in a corner of the mind wouldn't hurt I think

I think it's specific to your audience; Houzz is a place in the US. Most contractors do not have a representation or virtual presence for their work as they work by word of mouth in local areas. There's more bidding sites than actual contractors marketing themselves. This may be a niche your passionate in helping.