Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A new Topic?

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Funny.

I guess with new threads my thought is if you wish someone would start a conversation about something just start it yourself. I know most of us would sooner reply to a topic than start one, but it's really pretty easy to start one. And if you do you get to control the direction of the conversation a little more.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

Queen of the Forum
    Array

Blog Entries

I start a lot of threads for the same reason Vangogh does, so that there are new discussions. Most of the time the threads I start are either about things that interest me or things I've seen online that I think would start an interesting discussion here.

Personally, I think the threads that Huggy starts are great. There's a lot of good advice for small business owners in those threads.

Array

Starting threads is fun... just pick a topic and open upp the discusion.. Just like I did here.

Have to appologize for my "vacation" from the forum, i got quite busy there on my actual business for a while. When I came back I noticed that most of the posts were started by huggy and VOILA a new thread topic
    The Ad-Vice Man - Expert Advertising Advice
    www.harborpilotmedia.com,
    www.freeadvertisingadvice.org

Array

The ones that HT starts are pretty much the only ones I'm interested in.

I just don't have any interest in all the topics related to SEO. I wish this forum would attract more businesses that I can relate to (landscapers, house painters, home improvement, deck construction, etc.)

Keep 'em coming HT!
    Steve B

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Steve if you start more threads on the topics you want to see discussed those threads will attract more of the business owners that you can relate to. If you wait for the businesses to show up you're leaving it open to chance and if the forum generates more and more topics like SEO who do you think the forum will attract.

I'd argue that the majority of the threads here aren't so specific to the web and seo, though. We talk plenty about managing and marketing any business.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals