Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Short Survey about Mobile Apps for small shops and stores

Web Consultant
    Array
    Blog Entries

It's hard to say without an actual product ready to try. I totally believe in the free trial system to get it in people's hands.
    The hardest thing about it is going to be getting businesses interested, and getting users to install it. Small Businesses are pretty horrible about promoting their tech...even just getting people to join them on Facebook.

I'd say if you're targeting businesses who don't even embrace social media or at least try, you're wasting your time.

So back to my original comments, I don't think the problem is a way to build an app. A tech savvy business who wants one can have one built.

I think the problem is that Small Businesses suck at tech, many are generally bad at promoting things, and when it comes to tech they expect instant results and when it doesn't happen they abandon it. An app is only as good as the person running it. Your focus is on making it easy for them to build, but then what?

I'd say during your research to pay special attention to why so many business apps fail. It's not because there aren't options. It's because most businesses don't need an app, and don't know how to run one. There's a lot of crap apps on the market from every business who thought they needed one just because it's an app. Most businesses don't even keep their websites current. They certainly aren't going to do so for an app.

So what's that going to do for the life of your business if none of the businesses are benefiting in any way by being a part of your community app system?

If you simply ask non tech savvy small business owners if they want a cheap and easy way to create an app, many will say yes just because apps are the hot new thing, yet will have no idea what to even do with it.

I think you're going to have to build it, and have a killer marketing plan to make them come. That's the only way I can see for you to get real feedback on making it better and if anyone will use it. People are going to have to see it.

No sure thing in tech. But you already know that.

Too many assumptions, here. CNN reports apps contributed greatly this years holiday spending, though not remarkable. Brick and Mortars had to extend discounts to compete with Amazon. Someone once said that the average consumer would never need a PC. Mom & pops can benefit greatly from distributing free apps that connect to their product changing menus and promotions. The price/value/demand of anything is what the highest bidder will pay. Its your survey ask what you want.