Thread: Custom Images for Website

Array

Default Custom Images for Website

We are about to create a new website for one of our new products. In the past, we've used almost all stock photos purchased online. For this new website, we need customized images taken.

Who should I be searching for to get this done? Would I just look for a photographer or are there companies out there who specialize in photography specifically for marketing purposes?

Thanks for any help!

I have represented a number of photographers over the years and I can confidently say that to "just look for a photographer" without regard to the photographer's expertise (as shown by his or her portfolio) is a huge mistake.

Not only that, don't just ask if they "specialize in photography specifically for marketing purposes" since that is still way too broad. Some photographers specialize in taking pictures of prepared foods, others photograph clothing (often but not always on live models), others photograph industrial products, and still others take action shots, group photos, etc...

In each case, the staging, lighting and even equipment can vary, and the skill and training of the photographer in the specific subject matter can result in big differences in the final work.

Look for someone who has experience with the specific types of photos you are looking for in your marketing materials, and carefully look at their portfolio.

Queen of the Forum
    Array

Blog Entries

I'd agree with David. When we have product photos taken, we look for product photographers, as they have a different skill set than those that photograph people. Also, before you agree to work with a photographer, make sure you thoroughly explain what your product is and what you want to portray in the photos that will be taken. You should also explain the concept for your site and what you plan for it to look like. This will help make sure that the pictures that are taken fit in with your planned site design.

Fullflavor Marketing
    Array
    Fullflavor Marketing

Are you looking for someone to work with the photos you are taking or do you want them to take the photos and customized them?
    http://digitalcoupons.co/ With our mobile coupon software
    you can create and distribute redeemable, trackable
    and validatable mobile discount coupons and deals.