Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Multilingual website

Array

I think it's a good idea to let the user communicate with your companies in their own language. More costumers will be attracted and perhaps you'll find great success in a specific country. It's no hard to find employees who speaks natively other languages.

You can contact with special companies which specialize is multi languages translators. Or find freelancers for saving money.

I second Brian. Being able to reach out to your non-English speaking clients is the foundation of your business. Invest in making the information and translation on your website close to perfection. Make sure that you have at least support person or a bilingual person who could speak two or more languages (would be more affordable for you) who can accommodate your customers. Your social media pages set up for this should also be in the language of your target markets. Complicated, takes a lot of effort, but if this is your passion, I'm sure that you'd succeed with the right strategy and tools. Always make sure that your customer is satisfied with the infos on your site and the support from your end, without any language barrier/miscommunication.

This one is a big 'depends'. If your site is B2B I wouldn't bother with foreign languages. I spent 10 plus years as a sales guy covering Latin America and the Caribbean. English is the language of business. Most of the people I met with spoke fluent English, Most got their degrees in the US. Of course this relates to Latin America. I would think Europe would be the same for the most part. A French site, if you do business in France might be different. Spanish, don't bother. To many different dialects. Curse words in one country may be completely acceptable in others.

The only companies I have seen with multilingual websites are very large companies. I represent one. They were recently sold for $3.5 Billion.

Now if your market is B2C things could be quite different. You aren't dealing with professionals in most cases.