Thread: Legal Issues...

Default Legal Issues...

Hey everyone,
    I have an app idea that I want to try out. It is something that might run into legal complications. I need to consult a lawyer but I do not have the funds. What is the cheapest way I can get legal advice? Is there a place online or how cheap can it be to see a lawyer? Any help guys?
    If you need more details let me know!

Legal problems with an app can get very complicated. It is hard to find low-cost legal advice or any other professional services for any for-profit business. Since the owner is in it for the money, it is hard to justify why another professional should take a hit.

That being said, a few law schools have legal clinics that focus on small businesses and you might find help there. Most law school clinical programs look to assist under-served individuals in areas like landlord-tenant issues, family law issues, etc..., so you may have to search for a while.

Another alternative is to look for a lawyer who recently launched his own practice and has more free time than he has clients.

In either of those cases, it is unlikely that the law student or newly launched lawyer will have extensive experience with the types of legal problems facing app developers, such as licensing issues, interpreting terms of service, copyright law, etc... but it is usually better to get some legal advice rather than none at all.

Good luck.

Web Consultant
    Array
    Blog Entries

Do you need to know if there are possible legal problems? If so, post what you think the possible conflict is. Odds are someone here has been through something similar and can chime in with some basics.

Or do you know there are legal issues and need an attorney to work through them?