Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: i keep dreaming of all the toys i want to buy

Array

Default i keep dreaming of all the toys i want to buy

now that im successful and i have extra money sitting there i keep getting urges to spend,spend,spend.....other than a few home improvements and a nice vacation we havent up'd our lifestyle yet..my income is dramatically higher than it was when i worked for someone else.

nice vacations are always on the top of my list...last year was 8 days at Disney and this year will also be a Florida vacation of some sort.

I keep dreaming of a Fish/Ski Boat...but the kids are too little and dont swim yet + i have no where to keep it.

I have been considering a late 60's muscle car now that prices are down to the $50k range for many of them, but once again have no where to store it and cant see spending that much for something which will only rust

Today i was at the Chevy dealership for my work truck and spent 30 minutes looking at the new Camaro SS....$37,000 sticker-top of the line.....orange w/ racing stripes, 426 horsepower....id love it...I had a couple of fast cars 15 years ago...now i drive a red minivan.

What are your dream toys?
    Do you plan to make them reality?

My untimate goal is a 3,600 sq ft brand new house on 5 acres.....thats what im currently saving for...
    Last edited by huggytree; 05-24-2009 at 08:30 AM.

Array

You do have to pay yourself - glad that you are taking vacations and treating yourself a bit.

You have a lofty goal of a big house on acreage. So do I - not the big house though as i don't want to buy furniture for all the rooms and my wife does not want to clean somethign that big. But, would like the acreage.

We have recently been thinking about buying more toys as well (our kids are out of the house). So, we created a list of our wildest dreams (which was kind of fun and enlightening) then prioritized the list to what we think we can afford going forward.

But, always pay yourself.
    Capital LookUp - Business Information At Your Finger Tips!

Array

At the time I am much more of techy. I want to get a smart phone, they have a few extra charges I dont want to get yet.

Queen of the Forum
    Array

Blog Entries

Not really many big toys I want to buy. Although a new car would be nice. Mine is perfectly serviceable, but it's 9 years old this year. I do get the urge to go car shopping but since I just bought a condo last August so far I've been restraining myself.

Mr. Tax Man
    Array

I need to start exploring some nice toys for myself. Most of my gifts are for others, and I never tend to indulge in things myself.
    Small Business CPA
    "A tax loophole is something that benefits the other guy. If it benefits you, it's tax reform."

Array

I agree on the car front would always like a newer model.

Also the smart phone would be nice, but to date, most of the ones that i have seen have been fairly below par. problems are rife within the smart phone market, not saying they are all bad, but for the money you spend they could be better.

Additionally at this point i think that while i have the money for toys, i would prefer to put it towards growing that money further.
    Joel Brown
    My Travels

Always treat yourself... but also ensure you build up a nice nest egg just in case things slow down or something unforseen happens... and from reading you're other posts, I believe you have this... so go spend some money and help the economy...
    Steve Cartwright
    FX Digital Pty Ltd
    Website Design | Promote your Website | Rent a Website

Array

I had a very successful 08 and even though the economy is slowing further here in the Midwest Im still almost equal to last year in sales & possibly ahead in profit. I cant imagine it getting much worse...Im planning on things getting better...no chance i have to dip into savings anymore.....

one luxury I need to do is get a house cleaning service....i have 3 little kids and my wife cant keep up with the house work...thats the last thing i want to do after work, so i dont help at all.....i was planning on it and get several quotes towards the end of last year, but when things went to crap in Feb/March I got scared and forgot about the idea. When i was working 40 hours a month I couldnt see spending hundreds a month for a cleaning lady....I need to get on this

Also im considering remodeling my kitchen...cabinets, walls, countertops....probably something ill do in the winter when i have time to demo & drywall myself.

Array

Hundreds a month? For a housekeeping service?

Do you have a really huge house or something that makes the price so high?

We have three kids too and have been looking at hiring a housekeeping service...I am horrible at housekeeping and my family is less than enthused about getting the jobs done no matter how we've tried to do it. So I am looking...the problem isn't the cost here - it's reliability and availability...so I keep looking.

Array

my house is 2,300 sq ft....i think every other week was $100+ each time

so $200+ a month