Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sole Proprietorship, LLC, or other? (Independent Contractor)

Yeah, I read up on the quarterly taxes thing last week and that's one of the main reasons I'm meeting with an accountant next week. I have enough student loan debt as it is, no need to pick a fight with the IRS! lol And nice find on that link, looks like it has some decent info.

Edit:
    So going through that website, there was a different link where it took me to a questionnaire regarding employee vs IC. It was about 20 questions and it said that if I answer 'Yes' to any of the questions I would be considered an employee. Well, I definitely answered yes to 18 of the 20 question so I guess I SHOULD be designated as an employee. But it is what it is. It's hard enough finding a good job in the area, even for a dentist. I don't think I want to fight them about this. Like I said, I'll learn the business of dentistry, get some experience, get some money, and re-assess what I want to do next summer. I'll comment back here on Tuesday after meeting with the CPA and let y'all know what he recommends regarding the business entity.
    Last edited by AliDMD; 07-12-2015 at 02:41 PM.