Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The power of the written word...

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

For someone who has nothing to do with Jason, you sure aren't shy about spreading the word about how wonderful his product is. You've started near exact threads on other forums in the last couple of months and you also promote his product in an article on your site. You know the article where you also mention how hiring ghost writers at $8 an article or even better paying $3.2 for a rewrite of a PLR (private label rights) article. You should get some high quality articles with those methods.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

Registered Member
    Array

Steve,

I am just a Raving Fan of what I have learned. Please don't try to infuse something that is not there...you have made your position very clear but really I am not that devious guy making mega bucks from these very cool techniques. ...RR

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

My apologies then. I don't want to characterize you as something you're not. However, you should understand that people who offer unsolicited rave reviews for a product on other people's sites are usually seen as spammy marketers, mostly because that's who typically leaves unsolicited rave reviews of products. But again, I don't want to mischaracterize you so if I have, my bad.

I won't back down from what I said about the the ebook, though. It's product that teaches you how to write crappy articles quickly. No one needs a book to do that.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me

Registered Member
    Array

Steve,

No need to apologize as I was an equal participant and was trying to push my opinion. In the end I just wanted to make sure that I am not classified as a spammer selling junk at every turn. You have all my posts and I am trying to be an active participant here to help the community. That is my only objective.

Your opinion carries a lot of weight here on this forum and I understand that I can't change your mind just wish you would have given the course a try before making judgement. Some of the techniques that stick in my mind are things like learning how to reframe a client's perspective, price conditioning using sales closings like price versus value or techniques used to create 8 new articles from one without article spinning software...

Regards, RR

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

No worries You're not listed as a spammer. Again my apologies if I mischaracterized you as such. Let's let bygones be bygones. Sometimes we get heated around here and much of the time it's no one's fault. A word or two interpreted in a way that wasn't intended and the next thing people are arguing with each other. There is power in words. No hard feelings on my end.

I understand what the 7 minute method is about. The thing is it's just a step up from spinning articles. You're manually spinning them instead of using software. The craft of writing is not about writing short articles as fast as possible. He's teaching you how to write low quality articles quickly. A few years back SEO nirvana was pumping out low quality articles that looked unique to Google and then uploading them to sites like Ezine. So a bunch of people started selling books about how to write articles fast.

Many years ago I read a book by someone who was a freelance writer pre-internet. This writer offered advice about being more productive that isn't too far off what Jason is saying. This writer would approach researching an article with the idea that she would ultimately write several articles from the research, each written for a different magazine. However that meant spending more time on research and it also meant writing very different articles for the different magazines. It saved time overall because she didn't need to make trips back to the library or have to interview her subjects again.

Jason turns that kind of advice into spam by pushing the idea that it's easy to do and doesn't require an investment of time on the writer's part. He is trying to sell the idea that you can make money fast and easy, but life doesn't work that way. He's basically pushing people to create sloppy articles short on useful information, with the appearance of them being original. Look at the other products he promotes. There's a theme of Do X in Y Minutes. He points to one about setting up a membership site in 2 minutes and I think he was charging $97 for the advice.

Here's how you can set up a membership site in 2 minutes. The advice is free of charge.

Step 1. Install WordPress
    Step 2. Install any of the dozen or so membership plugins

You won't have a membership site anyone would pay to join at that point, but you'd have a site.

All of his products revolve around the idea of making millions doing nothing. That's the hallmark of scam artists.

People recommend his products because he offers a good payout through his affiliate program. If you want to learn how to market in a sleazy way then you should follow Jason. He's done well for himself. If you want to create something valuable to real people and maintain some ethics while you're at it, you should run far from him.

What bothered me from the start in this thread is that you talked about craft, but then pointed to a book about removing all craft from writing. Again I think Jason started with someone else's solid idea and then stripped out anything that would require effort on the part of the person following the advice.

There are no formulas to success and anyone promising you one is not to be trusted.

Search a little and you'll find other X minute articles. So far I've found them for 5, 10, 12, 15 minutes. I'm pretty sure it's all the same advice. Find someone else's article and rewrite their main points. Slap an intro and conclusion and then rewrite it again in different styles. It probably borders on plagiarism, but even if it doesn't it just contributes to the low quality of writing on the web.

Array

Quote Originally Posted by vangogh View Post
    It's a nice trick just implying we have equal opinions.

Here are some credentials to back my "opinion." I get paid to write.
    and that's all you really need
    Dan Furman - Copywriter, Business Author, Entrepreneurial/Business Consultant
    Business Writing Services | Website Copywriting Services | Blog here

Web Consultant
    Array
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by vangogh View Post
    Search a little and you'll find other X minute articles. So far I've found them for 5, 10, 12, 15 minutes. I'm pretty sure it's all the same advice. Find someone else's article and rewrite their main points. Slap an intro and conclusion and then rewrite it again in different styles. It probably borders on plagiarism, but even if it doesn't it just contributes to the low quality of writing on the web.
    It's as old as the term "Search Engine Optimization" and at this point is a very outdated tactic. Right up there with using forums and blog comments as some kind of page rank strategy. All of this stuff is very 5+ years ago. So much has changed since then, but if you're new and "discover" these old ideas it's easy to fall for the belief that marketing online is about tricks to manipulate the search engines because people want to believe that's all it takes.

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

I'm pretty sure I dowloaded one of those X minute books at some point, probably 10+ years ago when I first got online. I know I didn't pay for it so it must have been a freebie from someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Furman
    and that's all you really need
    I had a feeling you might find this thread.

You are kind of barking up the wrong tree on this forum. Most of the active members are both web savvy or have been in business for years or both. For all of us except the newbee's get rich quick schemes with little or no work is a big red flag.

I'm not a writer and don't want to be. But from what I'm reading in these posts...