Thread: Mindbody/Front Desk vs QuickBooks

Default Mindbody/Front Desk vs QuickBooks

I'm currently in the process of looking for business management software (such as MindBody (MB) or Front Desk (FD)) and realized that a lot of the information needed to file taxes is collected and can be reported through the software. However, I wasn't able to clarify if this made something like QuickBooks pointless - or if I would need this software on top of MB or FD.

It seems that I can get all of the reports I need to file taxes from MB or FD and QuickBooks would be redundant. I could essentially hand all of the reports to my tax accountant from either program and I'd be set - the difference is that MB and FD allow me to manage business operations in addition to data collection.

I tried to confirm with one of the staff at MB, but couldn't get a direct answer.

What's your experience between the 2 pieces of software?

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

I'm not familiar with either MindBody or Front Desk so I checked out their sites. I wouldn't say either makes QuickBooks redundant, though you may not need it. If MB or FD gives you all the reports you need and you prefer using one of them, don't feel like you have to use QuickBooks. I don't use it and I'm sure plenty of others here don't need it either.

If you're planning on sending everything to an accountant why not check with your accountant? I noticed Front Desk has a free trial. You might have already tried it, but if you haven't you should be able to find out if it has the reports you need. I didn't see a free trial on MindBody's site, though a month costs $30, which isn't much to find out, especially if it's the one you'd prefer to go with.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals