Thread: Is our business name OKAY? or is it time to ReBrand?

Default Is our business name OKAY? or is it time to ReBrand?

Hello,

We are an Internet Marketing company and we focus on providing internet marketing services (SEO, Social Media, Web Design, etc) to our business clients and entrepreneurs. Currently our company name is "Lindsey Interactive", while this name deals directly with what we do, we wanted to get the opinion of others and see what they think. Does our company name directly reflect what we do? Should we change it to be something more "one word" something not so PERSONAL as my last name (The Owner) is Shawn Lindsey.

Please let me know your thought process and what your opinions are.

Array

Not trying to be rude, first thing that came to mind was "adult" web site.

I don't know, to me, that your name says what you do.

All of that being said, there are tons of businesses out there that have unique or different names that no one would know what they do just by their name.....Google comes to mind.

Point is if it is working for you and working for your current customers then I wouldn't mess with a good thing.

Banned
    Array

I wouldn't rebrand unless you planned to dump a boatload of money making the brand mean something in your market that everyone will recognize. Otherwise, you're in the same boat as the rest of us and your brand is what you do and not so much the name of your company.

Thanks so much for all the responses so far, I mean we haven't really been TO FAR into it, so having to dump a bunch of money into rebranding won't be a really big issue, I just want to make sure that when I do it, I do it right, if that makes sense.

Web Consultant
    Array
    Blog Entries

I wouldn't rebrand either. Unless you have access to a killer, and I mean killer domain that is going to make a huge difference...the name you have is fine. Looks like you own lindseyinteractive.com, which is good. Changing names isn't going to give you some big marketing boost all by itself.

The chore is in how you brand it and make it synonymous with your services. With proper marketing you can brand a paper bag. What you name it almost means nothing.

I think the name is fine. A more descriptive name would necessarily be more generic and therefore more difficult to brand.

I do think that for some businesses (not necessarily yours, though), branding based on the owner's name can ultimately be very limiting if the owner wants to sell and move onto other things. Service businesses are, by their very nature, closely tied to the owner, so picking a name that ties the business even more closely to the owner can be a disadvantage if your eventual goal is to sell the business.