Thread: Shop targeting foreign country

Exclamation Shop targeting foreign country

Hello,

I am a citizen of Algeria and I am a student in the US.
    I would like to open a Facebook account and a website to buy clothes from Chinese wholesale with my debit card and sell them in Algeria with the local currency. In Algeria, it is legal and people do it a lot. however, I don't know if I am allowed to do it since I am in the USA now.

Array

I don't know if anyone can help you here with your question. I believe you need to ask the Algerian authorities if it is legal.

I know that it is fine in Algeria but I will be in the US when I will be buying the clothes so I don't know if that is ok or not.

I would strongly urge you to spend a few minutes talking to an immigration attorney to make sure that what you are proposing does not violate your student visa.

Even though you would be selling the goods in Algiera, your personal efforts in creating the website, locating products, placing the orders, etc... would be being done wherever you happen to be at the time - in this case in the United States. I have no idea whether that can be done under your current visa but I suggest that you use caution before proceding.