Thread: Brainstorming Marketing with the Business Card

Registered Member
    Array

Default Brainstorming Marketing with the Business Card

I feel that the business card is the first tool that every small business should use to develop their own style of marketing strategies. Every biz owner should take 1 hour a week to design a new way to market their business and to measure how last week's strategy worked.

The Biz Card is; low cost, compact and easily customized. Here are my ways to use it.

Twelve ways to use the Business Card to develop quick marketing strategies that will deliver new clients and a profitable bottom line to any small business. This is the power of printed business cards and traceable marketing strategies used to make and track the profits for any business.

1.The relationship marketing strategy,
    2.The extra visits marketing strategy,
    3.The slow times marketing strategy,
    4.The no peeking marketing strategy,
    5.The suggestive selling marketing strategy,
    6.The fundraiser marketing strategy,
    7.The contest marketing strategy,
    8.The B2B marketing strategy,
    9.The gift card marketing strategy,
    10.The calendar marketing strategy,
    11.The pay it forward marketing strategy,
    12.The customer review marketing strategy,

This is a brainstorming thread so can you describe what one of these 12 techniques means to you in your own words? Or if you have additional techniques that can use the business card please add them.

Just my thoughts, RR
    Last edited by RR151; 05-20-2015 at 08:45 PM.

Registered Member
    Array

A Restaurant Fundraiser Business Card

One great way to get people to try your menu items is to join up with a charity and hold a free tasting of one of your menu items like chili in conjunction with a charity event like maybe the “Run for Breast Cancer.”

What you do is make X number of 4 oz. free servings of your best chili as a part to this event. Along with each food item comes a $10.00 Run for Breast Cancer gift business card used the next time they join you at your restaurant. The cost to this event is a bit of your time and some food costs plus you might be able to get a charity receipt for your participation at the event. This is a simple way to get the word out about your famous chili or some other menu item.

Next you collect and track how many patrons use the business card over the next year. Make sure to attach the value of the food bill to each business card used. Printing cost is approx. $10.00 for 500 business cards.

Here is one idea for a Restaurant, RR

Array

Nice!

I have a lead generation magnet on the back of mine for a free marketing kit which is direct to a special page on my site so I can track it.

It's always good to add value to your business cards.
    David Hunter | Duke of Marketing | Retired Real Estate Agent
    www.DukeOfMarketing.com
    www.TheSaviorsMinistry.org

Registered Member
    Array

I like your idea David, Who else uses lead generation magnet like David? If you are looking for a cheap way to advertise use the Business Card. It is the old school word of mouth way and is hands down best ever...RR

Registered Member
    Array

Here is Relationship Marketing with the Business Card,

In this example we use a small coffee shop with walk in and drive thru loyal client base of 50 customers. The 50 customers come in every weekday morning for their coffee and biscuit.

To increase sales we can:
    1)Increase customers,
    2)Increase per sales value,
    3)Increase the per month purchases.

They have 50 clients X $5.00 X 20 per month = $5,000 or $60,000 per year. The idea is to enlist the loyal customer database and see if we can increase the sales by adding new clients. For this example we are going to try to increase the client base by 20% or get 10 new clients with this relationship business card program.

The program is called “Taste the Best Coffee in Town” and we use our loyal clients to find the new customers using a loyalty business card with their name on the card. They hand out the custom card to people that might be interested in tasting the best coffee in town for free.

Each card given out gets one free coffee and biscuit when presented. To track how it is going we collect the business cards as they come in and keep track who is giving the cards out and does it work to get new clients. As an incentive if the loyal client gets 2 new regular clients they get free coffee for maybe a month.

Print cost is approx. $10.00 per 500 business cards and we use a PDF template that has 10 business card spots with 10 different names. That is one new name per card placement in the PDF template.

Just a thought, RR

Registered Member
    Array

Today is building a Relationship with your Employee using the business card...

Okay today we are talking about working with the employee to generate new sales. The idea is to have the employee give out their custom gift business card when they see someone doing an act of kindness during their off times.

It is about empowering your employees to make marketing decisions that are used to bring in more business. The employee carries their business cards and uses them when they see or experience an act of kindness.

They can say: Here is a $10.00 gift card from my Company for doing X act of kindness.

These gift business cards are redeemed for something of value if they become a patron of the said business. Example: this is a $10 off a $50.00 purchase.

You set the rules and gift card value and make custom cards for each employee. As incentive to the employee you do something nice and/or give a bonus for so many redeemed business cards.

Again you track the cards to see how the marketing strategy is working. Printing costs are approx. $10.00 per 500 business cards.

Just my thoughts, RR

Anyone else have any ideas?

Registered Member
    Array

No Peeking “Thank You” Marketing with the Business Card

Every business needs to say a heartfelt “thank you” to their clients often. This business card can be used either every day or on special occasions. Please Note: You should say thank you every day but you don’t need to give a discount every time. Mix it up and have the discount at different times.

The no Peeking Strategy is best done with clients that have just finished doing business with your company. As a way to say thank you for the business, let them pick a business card with the no peeking discount. They scratch and you give the discount on today’s purchase.

Then say, “Thank you for coming in today and we look forward to seeing you next time.”

Next, offer a no peeking slow times Business Card, which is given to everyone that comes in to your company.

Here is our no peeking scratch and save sticker that is on the custom Slow Times Business Card. This card can be used as a discount on your next purchase on any Tuesday night. It is only valid if 1) we scratch the discount together and 2) you visit on a Tuesday night.

I would use a scratch and save sticker to begin with on a short run which costs approx. $6.00 per 100 stickers. Just google “scratch and save stickers.” Next the cost of the custom Business Cards is $10.00 per 500 business cards. Total cost is $30 for the stickers and $10.00 for the printed business cards.

Registered Member
    Array

I found this technique on-line and thought it fit here...RR

Simple Suggestive Selling Business Card

When you ask about dessert most of your clients will look at you with that "we're too full look." and decline the suggestion, right? Add this to help change their mind...

Quick reply is, "Our desserts are half the calories and half as filling as other restaurants."

If your clients perked up and ask, "How's that?" or a similar response...

Then the quick response is..."One slice, two forks,"
    You will see that because of the bit of humor they might then order dessert.

Bonus: What if they decline...

First get your servers to pitch this simple suggestive marketing strategy. With that you need to track the amount of times they ask and compare those stats with the ones that take you up on the offer...If you have success with this 10% of the time this Marketing Strategy has been successful.

For all the ones that decline the offer for dessert you give them the business card offer, which explains how to get a free dessert next time they visit.
    The only restriction is that they need to visit sometime within a specific time frame.

Remember, if they get a chance to try your “to die for” desserts the chances of adding it to their regular order the next time they visit is exponentially greater...If you can add dessert to your average sale you have just increased your bottom line by X%.

Registered Member
    Array

As my last post,

I have created a Biz Card Template over at Fiverr at a cost of $5.00 for the simple biz card template graphic and $20.00 to build an Adobe Reader form, which is used to add content quickly. Once done then take the finished PDF to your local printer to create custom business cards.

To see the video and get your free template sample go to TYFYB.com | Thank You For Your Business

I have nothing to promote and nothing to sell...It has been fun...RR
    Last edited by RR151; 05-27-2015 at 03:48 PM.