Thread: Free text to speech program for auto attendant system?

Default Free text to speech program for auto attendant system?

Hello!

For the past 4 years, I have been using just a standard landline, 1 line phone with a cordless system w/ 3 units. Now we are switching to a multi-line phone system, with an auto attendant. None of us in the office want to record the greeting ("Thank you for calling, for general info press 1. For courses press 2... and so on).
    Does anyone know of any text to speech programs (hopefully free) that have natural sounding voices to create the greeting for us?

Thanks!
    Reyna
    Reyna Montoya, RN., MSN., LCPC., BSW., CDE.
    CEO/Founder, ACI First Response & Healthcare Education
    reyna@acidaho.com

Array

GMVoices.com - Professional recordings for a real good price.

The best Text to Speech engine I've used is from ivona.com - While I doubt their service is free you might be able to get a trial to accomplish what you need.

Personnaly, your PBX is a representation of your business and if done right can be another advertising mechanism. Due to this I would suggest doing it right the first time

Hi there!

Thank you for the suggestions. Here's my thing with advertising-
    I think that when it utilized properly, and within an allowed budget, advertising is great for a business.
    When I created my business plan, it was very slim and a lot of things were uncertain. But, I was certain about one thing- the courses I would provide would be at my area's lowest cause for 2 reasons. 1) being that offering the same certified courses every other training center offered at a lower cost was more of an initiative to take the course, then when educating the public about first response rapidly when a medical emergency occurred prior to the 'victim's' arrival to an ER/Trauma Department, whether it be in the home to a family member or in the community to a stranger, would in fact save more lives. and 2) providing the low cost courses to health care providers, first customized to first provide efficient and effective techniques when administering first response and second to provide excellent patient care.

As I offer these courses at my center for these costs, yes it does bring me a majority of the "certification seeking customer", but it also limits my abilities to purchase the level of advertising my center should have. Apart from the paid part of the company, we also 'father' a not for profit organization, "Helping Hands", which provides medical supplies & equipment to those who do not have insurance and have limited income. I feel like the not for profit part of my company is very important as the community is putting money in my pocket, in return I should give some of it back.

To conclude my little soap box (in a very non-aggressive, most respectively kind way), I like to utilize the cheaper or free tools available to my company.
    I do thank you, as the first website you put in your post had an ad attached about a "voice changer". I am investigating into it, and will probably use it as it changes your voice into a totally different tone and what not, which would be perfect for our new phone system!

Reyna
    Reyna Montoya, RN., MSN., LCPC., BSW., CDE.
    CEO/Founder, ACI First Response & Healthcare Education
    reyna@acidaho.com