Thread: Have store front, need business ideas

Default Have store front, need business ideas

I have a small store front that i used as an office for my carpet cleaning business. I have since started running that business out of my house because I have become to busy and my wife does the books from our home office. I still have this space that is in a strip center. It's small, 10'x15' but is very nice and i have storage/warehouse space in the back. I am looking for a small business to put in that location. A good friend of mine is wanting to invest with me in some sort of business since I have that space sitting doing nothing. I thought maybe a gold buying shop or selling knives. Just looking to bring in some extra income and help my buddy stay busy. We are both very passionate when it comes to succeeding. I started my carpet cleaning company last year and it took of tremendously. hard work and marketing are to thank for that. Anyways, any ideas for a business that could be ran out of a space this small would be appreciated.

Array

Hi fantombeats,

The short answer... It depends. It depends on where yon and your partner would like to be on the purpose wheel.

passion mission profession vocation.jpg

That's the framework you need to determine, where you should start.

But once you've decided, you'll need to identify whether your local market is both able and willing to pay for the direction you'd like to take.
    Every market has it's own culture, norms and expectations. For example, it's easier to create a vegan restaurant in a larger city than it is to launch one in rural areas.

You'll need to have a clear idea of the things your market can support. Once you've used the purpose wheel to find your idea, talk with customers. Get a sense of whether they feel you're on target.

Then you'll have a concrete answer.

Hope this helps.

Thank you HooktoWin, We are smack center in a huge college town. Tons of students and families. Also the town I live in, development is crazy right now and our town has been named one of the best to start a small business. I appreciate your help, I'm going to continue to research. I know the right idea will come but a push is always nice. I never would have thought in a million years I would be cleaning carpets, especially after working 10 years in oil and gas. Here I am though, it's paying my mortgage, setting up my kids future and I really feel passionate about what I do and enjoy It.

If you are very busy why do you want to set up another business? The other question why do you want to get involved in a partnership? If you want idea for a business sell something that is unique. I do like the gold idea. You need to research this business model
    Chris
    Owner Cel Financial
    https://incometaxprepfillmore.com/