Thread: Referral Bonus ideas for existing customers

Post Referral Bonus ideas for existing customers

Hello!

My largest client lives in an area that has tremendous potential for my small business and I am ready to begin a marketing campaign in that area but have a few questions on a referral bonus plan for this customer. I have two thoughts at first, Is it legal for me to offer a "kick back" to the company as a whole or to officers (specifically the GM) in return for leads or referrals that turn into accounts in the future? Second thought: I am concerned about entering into talks with this client about a kick back or referral bonus program because of the thought that it might damage the relationship that we have? IF it is a good idea (or is legal at all) How would I structure it? Percentage based? One time cash bonus? Should it be based on leads that actually turn into accounts or on only the referral alone? I know thats alot of questions... sorry. Any help is welcomed.

Thanks

Array

First and foremost...what industry are you in? So we can help determine the legality of your "kick backs".

Array

In terms of pure marketing referral bonus should be a great deal and would bring in amazing level of leads. However the legality of it largely depends on your industry (business) and your the state you are living in.
    Consider outsourcing your accounting tasks to an Accounting outsourcing company. This will help you reduce your business costs considerably and free your time for other tasks and promoting your business.

Im in the hospitality laundry business.

Kick backs for referrals is a very tricky thing. In general it is not a good idea and over all it typically doesn't work to good. Read the book "The 7 Levels of Communication" I think his system for getting referrals might work for you. I would especially work the section on the communication plan and get your clients properly assessed. Create a great experience for them - beyond great customer service, find out what they like and surprise them with gifts. For example if one really likes fine wines surprise them with a gift certificate for a really good wine shop. Another good book to read would be "Swimming With the Sharks" If you apply what is in those two books and you have a good product with great customer service you will be getting a lot of referrals in 12 months or so.