Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Using Weebly now, but.....

Default Using Weebly now, but.....

I have created my website using Weebly. So far it's been working just fine. I pay for the highest account (I think it's called PRO) and it runs me about $30 a month. Our sales are really low right now so it's getting expensive to pay for it each month.

I like Weebly a lot because it's all drag and drop for the design aspect and super easy to maintain and make changes. I don't have the skill or knowledge to build my own site so it's really been a good fit. Easy to add products, the shopping cart is integrated and it all just works. It's not perfect, but right now I can deal with the flaws.

I am looking for alternatives though due to price. Is anyone aware of other options that may be a good fit for me with a lower price tag? I have a shop on Etsy too, but do not want to go to Ebay. I really want to focus on growing our own standalone site.

Thanks for any suggestions in advance!

have you looked at GoDaddy website builder and store?

Yes. And I didn't find it all that intuitive.

Array

If you can't afford $30 a month and that's all it takes to keep your business visible to the public on a stand-alone platform then you need to rethink your business strategy. In the business world $30 is nothing and in the web world $30 is nothing, I spend that on hosting a month. If I were you i would dip into my personal funds and pay for it until you can figure out how to increase your sales to the point where the company is self sufficient again. Your website is your biggest asset, if you're not marketing that asset, you should take some courses in marketing.

But at the end of the day $30 is an extremely small price to pay for your business.
    Jonathon Harrelson
    Front End Web Developer - SEO Consultant - Web Evangelist
    The worst thing anyone can ever tell me is that I forgot a semi-colon...

Web Consultant
    Array
    Blog Entries

I have to agree with Krymson. If you're already at $30 a month and saying you want to do better, but budget is a problem you may not be ready to dive into running your own business.

The folklore that getting into business online is cheap is wrong on so many levels. Sure, you can do the absolute minimum and pay bare bones and get something online, but is it the quality that you need to actually attract business? Most times not. Especially if you have no technical or design skills.

If you don't have the skills to do things yourself, nor the budget to pay anyone to do them, then you're pretty much stuck where you are. Switching to another low budget option isn't going to be much better than what you already have. The good stuff costs money. Doing it professionally costs money. Fast, secure hosting costs money.

I have the skills to build my own sites and yet I still spend more on a project site than most people spend on their business sites all year. Because I know you can't just do enough to get by and expect to make any money. I also know that I can't do everything myself...that doesn't mean it still doesn't need to be done. I'm also the kind of person that would rather wait and do it right, than do it half ass and make a bad impression or ruin credibility.

To answer your question about options, if you want to run it yourself you should look into self hosted WordPress. There's a learning curve, and you should have a basic understanding of HTML, CSS, Copy writing, SEO, and a decent grasp of how to use imagery if you plan to build anything decent yourself.

If you want a better option for the drag and drop, all in one services then check out Squarespace.
    Last edited by Harold Mansfield; 04-09-2015 at 10:45 AM.

Look into wix, square space or a wordpress website. These can be good alternatives. I'm not sure of the price comparison though.
    Kyle Johnston - Founder of KRJ Interactive, an innovative business idea development group. We guide individuals and small businesses toward success.
    www.krjinteractive.com

Array

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Johnston View Post
    Look into wix, square space or a wordpress website. These can be good alternatives. I'm not sure of the price comparison though.
    all of them are going to cost the same or more, because it's a shopping cart. I wouldn't move unless you're planning to upgrade and move away from Weebly. It would cost you more in the long run to move than it would to just stay on Weebly until you can afford a self hosted website that will work and function the way you need it to.
    Jonathon Harrelson
    Front End Web Developer - SEO Consultant - Web Evangelist
    The worst thing anyone can ever tell me is that I forgot a semi-colon...

Very good points!! I can afford the $30 but leaves very little left ... We are just starting out so everything is moving slowly and I need to be patient. I think I'll stay where I am for now. Thanks for the perspective. Sometimes I need someone to give me a good slap!

Thanks again

Array

I checked out your website, and you actually did an excellent job for someone who used drag and dropped. And with the niche you're in, you have so much potential for growth that I would love to help you grow your business if you're open minded to suggestions???

Wow, thank you so much! I'm always open to suggestions and constructive criticism. 😊