Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Using Weebly now, but.....

Weebly is so costly. Why don't you create a new website from Wordpress? I suppose that Woocommerce plugin on Wordpress site will help you easily manage your E-commerce website.
    Using Wordpress may be just a bit difficult than Weebly. Don't worry.
    Virtual Assistant for Admin Support - Internet Marketing - E-commerce Support

Array

Let me start of by saying many of the people here are web designers and have more knowledge on the subject in their little finger than I do in my empty brain. However I have around 8 web sites for my business and have been building them one way or the other for around 15 years. I am always looking at web sites for ideas to improve mine. So, even though I am not an expert here are my thoughts.

Wow, you did a great job for a drag and drop web site. In many ways it is among the nicer web sites I have seen. It almost made me feel like going out and buying a dog so I could buy some of your biscuits. You tell a nice story about the benefits of the biscuits and personalize it enough that people would want to buy from you.

Where I think you are lacking is on the SEO front. For example the title of your home page is "Home - "Wicked Biscuit" How would that tell a search engine that it is dog biscuits? I would change the title to something like "Wicked Biscuit - Healthy, natural dog biscuits" Maybe I just missed it but I did not see a Description meta tag at all. That is important and should be 150-180 characters with key words. Maybe something like "Wicked Biscuits, Healthy natural dog biscuits for a great dog treat" It is also important to use keywords in your text. By keywords I am talking terms someone might search by. On your home page you don't use the phrase "dog biscuits" or "dog treats" even a single time. You can have the best product in the world and the best web site in the world but if no one can find it......................

I can understand wanting to watch costs. The internet is actually pretty inexpensive. I have a bunch of domains, a number of hosting accounts and spend a fair amount of money myself on the internet. I am always looking for ways to reduce those costs even though they are very affordable for me. I don't think the issue you need to worry about is reducing costs. The amount you are spending isn't bad. The thing you need to concentrate on is getting more traffic and getting more sales so that your costs are more affordable.
    Ray Badger, Turbo Technologies, Inc.
    www.TurboTurf.com www.IceControlSprayers.com

Array

While I was writing my last post there were two new posts, one recommending WordPress and one recommending Magento. I don't know much about Magento but the comments I have heard about it are good. I have started playing around with WordPress and if you do want to reduce your costs it might be a good option for you. Wordpress itself is free and there are lots of free templates for it. It installs with one click and installation is easy. You could probably cut your cost per month at least in half maybe more. I have not gotten to the point of adding online shopping to the first site I am working on but the Woo Commerce plug-in gets good reviews. Many of the free templates are laid out much like your site is now.

You will often hear you can have a WordPress site up and running in an hour. Someone would have to be a lot smarter than I am to do that. To be honest I hate WordPress with a passion and it sometimes drives me crazy (a short trip). Never-the-less, I am working on my first WordPress web site and plan to convert 4 or 5 of my sites to WordPress when things slow down for me. It would be a good choice for you. Should you decide to go that way I would be happy to give you a few tips that might keep you from pulling out as much of your hair as I have done.
    Ray Badger, Turbo Technologies, Inc.
    www.TurboTurf.com www.IceControlSprayers.com

Great website. Simple and cute. Love the name !!!

$30 is probably the best you are going to get for a online shop if you can't build a site yourself. I am on Shopify and love it but it's costing me over $40 for the entry level option. It's a small price to pay for your business. You focus now should not be reducing the cost of your site but increasing your initiative to get more sales. you need to get more people to your site. It's just that simple.

Good Luck !!!!

<removed>
    Last edited by Harold Mansfield; 10-19-2015 at 05:07 PM. Reason: Create a sig. Last warning on link dropping. I even sent you a PM

Discount Prodigy
    Array

Well, last time I checked HostGator offers Weebly on their shared hosting. I would check that out

Array

Have you heard of SquareSpace? They offer an $8/month service that would be comparable to your experience on Weebly.

The cost of $8 is just for annual submission. In a way of month-to-month submission there's $12 price. I've reviewed many comparison between site builders (also Weebly vs SquareSpace). <edited>
    Last edited by Harold Mansfield; 01-21-2016 at 12:04 PM. Reason: Unnecessary solicitation/self promotion

Array

Why i think woocommerce is good for you according to your statement. Using wordpress ecommerce ( Woocommerce ) helps you with a low budget and doesn't demand any monthly fee once setup. You can talk more about your product on the platforms with nice and responsive pages. You can accept paypal and other payment gateways. Am a web developer and i know what am talking about.