Thread: Website contains some hidden scripts, unable to finding the location.

Default Website contains some hidden scripts, unable to finding the location.

I just build a product which is based on web mail system is actually a Roundcube Skins or Themes for Email Sharing purposes. I personally need some advice or suggestion. Actually I Scan my website on free website malware and security scanner. The Tool has found a hidden and suspicious javascript (or iframe) . So, i have tried to remove it manually by finding it on back end but didn't got the scripts which contains the unnatural content. What should i do to make it malware free.

Web Consultant
    Array
    Blog Entries

There's no way to tell you specifically. There are many different kinds of infections that behave in a variety of ways. Free scanning tools aren't very reliable.

However, they usually tell you the exact path to the infected file.

After that you have to know enough about how your site is built to know what doesn't belong in that file, have a back up file to compare it to, or some viruses are instantly recognizable when you know what you're looking for.

You're asking for an answer to what can be a complicated question without giving us much information.
    What does the scan say? Where does it say the file is located?
    Last edited by Harold Mansfield; 04-06-2015 at 04:46 PM.

Look at the page they're complaining about and search through the source code (there's a view source option in every browser) for all instances of javascript and iframes. Are you running any kind of wonky advertising? how about weird (as in, not from the official plugins page) Wordpress add-ons?