Thread: Which of the following is the least important area in which to include your keyword(s

Default Which of the following is the least important area in which to include your keyword(s

a) Meta Keywords

b) Meta Description

c) Title

d) Body Text

Array

Meta Keywords - Google does not look at that tag anymore, there's really not even a reason to use it. Google thinks that now may be a good time to give those keyword Meta tags a break and explore much more effective on-page and off-page optimization techniques that actually work to our advantage.
    Jonathon Harrelson
    Front End Web Developer - SEO Consultant - Web Evangelist
    The worst thing anyone can ever tell me is that I forgot a semi-colon...

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

The OP was just spamming, but I thought this thread might become a useful discussion about keywords. The literal answer to the question is meta keywords and search engines don't even read them anymore according to the search engines. The larger answer though is your SEO should be less keyword focused than in the past. Keywords are useful for understanding the words and phrases your customers use so you can use those same words on your site. However, a keyword focused SEO strategy is more likely to fail now than succeed.

Search engines have moved beyond keywords as a dominant factor in ranking web pages. Yes, use the words you want the page to be found for, but don't think the secret to SEO is finding the right place to add the right word. SEO doesn't work that way anymore.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

Array

So, meta keywords are "tags?"

I've never used tags on my blog, and I was just wondering if I should start (I just started using Google Webmasters last week... Little late to the party I guess). But, it looks like they don't even matter anymore.
    David Hunter | Duke of Marketing | Former Real Estate Agent
    www.DukeOfMarketing.com
    www.BibleAndFriends.com/go/youtube

Array

yes, keywords are tags. Some call them Metatags. I still use the keyword tag on my sites but don't spend more than 5 minutes on them and probably it is a waste of 5 minutes. There may be a few obscure directories that still use them but if you got more than an extra visit or two a year I would be surprised. I do think the Title and Description MetaTags are important and think if you are incorporating terms that would be your keywords in the body it would still be a plus. For example if your services were that you did SEO and didn't use that term in your text I would think it would lower your chances of being found in a search for SEO.

Array

Gotchya!

I've noticed a few of my pages rank #1 when searching for specifics (Even out ranks the company I'm an affiliate with!!!). But, I guess it's because I got the exact words correct on the page. I don't know...

I do have good luck with using paid ads on sites to drive traffic. Definitely easier than trying to figure out all that SEO stuff.

Still trying to learn more about Google Webmasters and Analytics.
    David Hunter | Duke of Marketing | Former Real Estate Agent
    www.DukeOfMarketing.com
    www.BibleAndFriends.com/go/youtube