Thread: Introducing change to users

Array

Default Introducing change to users

Lately I started monetizing my website and I had to introduce changes to the website users. I have over 600 users, and I am still not sure whether I did the right thing by assigning a definite date for implementing the change. I have communicated the change for two months before implementation, but I have set a definite date for implementation and moved forward with it.

In your opinion is it more effective to introduce change gradually? or is it better to set a definite date to implement the change and put up with all the complaints?

There will always be complaints with the change, so it's important to make it as smooth as possible to prevent frustration of the change mixing with frustration of possible bugs coming with the change. Can you do a gradual deployment for a group of users? That way, you can fix bugs without affecting all the users and small group's feedback will show you the common complaints so you'll be ready with answers when you deploy to whole.

Implementing an immediate change, especially on price, can produce somewhat of a "sticker shock" effect. I took a glance at your website and it appears you run a web hosting service. What you could do is implement the change for new customers only (old customers are locked in to the original price for lets say a year or so). That way you keep your current customers happy and your new customers won't know the difference. Taking care of your existing clientele is important because they are already a revenue stream for you, so its always nice to return the favor. I hope this helps, good luck.
    Kyle Johnston - Founder of KRJ Interactive, an innovative business idea development group. We guide individuals and small businesses toward success.
    www.krjinteractive.com