Thread: I Need Opinions On Tagline/s

Array

Default I Need Opinions On Tagline/s

I am doing marketing for a three-person law firm. They do estate planning, probate, family law, bankruptcy, and business law. We have kicked around several taglines and feel the one below seems the most comfortable for the group. I would appreciate the group's opinions and comments on the following information.

Tagline: Taking the Stand for You, Your Family, Your Business
    Blog Name: Standing Points
    Newsletter Name: Taking the Stand

Any other suggestions are welcome.

Thank you very much for your opinions and comments.

Paul

"Taking the Stand" is kind of clever (at least I'm assuming it's kind of a play-on words), but I (and my agency) would be more likely to go with something with some more emotional connection. Why do they do what they do, and why are they passionate about it, assuming that they are? Maybe they want to protect the little guy, or maybe they know what it's like to be down on your luck and want to help others get past that. If you can put whatever that passion is into words, it will trump "clever" any day, IMHO. Takes a lot more effort and time, though, and face time with the client can be hard to get.
    Co-founder of i7 Marketing

Queen of the Forum
    Array

Blog Entries

Taking the stand is generally something the clients do, not the lawyers. While I do think it's clever, and I get the connotation, I think I'd prefer Taking A Stand, as opposed to Taking the Stand. That's what clients want lawyers to do, take a stand on their innocence and protect them and their interests.

I am actually a fan of the first one - "Taking the Stand for You, Your Family, Your Business." I like it because it says everything your about in one simple sentence. How about "Here, for you, your family, and your business"? Feel free to bounce other ideas off of me.
    Kyle Johnston - Founder of KRJ Interactive, an innovative business idea development group. We guide individuals and small businesses toward success.
    www.krjinteractive.com

Array

Thank you, Eric. Yes there was the intent of a play-on-words. However, I like your introduction of the emotional connection and will work on it some more.

Paul

Array

Good points, Kristine. Thank you.

Paul

Array

Thank you, Kyle, I may just do that.

Paul