Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Young and needing help!

I thought i posted a reply, sorry if I post this twice! Payment has been an issue my fiance and I have had some trouble with. Im not really sure how I could avoid getting stiffed. Other food delivery services contract with restaurants and recieve a percent of the sale and recieve tips. This helps do avoid getting stiffed, but as I begin I will being doing this own my own. I do not think a business would strike a deal with me until I can show that the market is profitable and they can benefit from it. For the time being, my best plan is to do a "I pay them, you pay me" type situation. I'm sure there is a better system that I have not thought of yet. I am so thankful for this forum and all the help from you guys!! I would only be able to accept cash right now, but if it becomes a viable business I would use something like Square to process card payments.

Why wait to use Square or another credit card payment option. Just charge them the offset of the charge incurred. So instead of paying $8 for delivery, they would pay $8.25 to use thier card. Just setup another Paypal account or something the like that the card company would send your payments to. By only accepting cash you are opening yourself up to a large loss of consumers unless they have access to an ATM on site. Square last time I knew didn't charge you for the equipment but had an interest rate of something close to 3.5%. It has been several years since I have looked into it so it may have changed since then.

Good Luck and I hope it all works out for you.

Just my .02

I would contact boro takeout express (just google it). This is almost exactly what you are trying to do and They have been around a while in the town I went to college in (which is also in a small town). I am sure they would be more than willing to go over their business model or give you some tips. Let me know how this works out for you, good luck!
    Kyle Johnston - Founder of KRJ Interactive, an innovative business idea development group. We guide individuals and small businesses toward success.
    www.krjinteractive.com

Array

Focus on your segment! Change "People & Families" into a few tangible segments that you can reach by using an array of marketing mediums. It also sounds like "students" is going to be one of your targets, students love takeout.
    GL

Forgive my pessimism, for the record I love people bringing me food.

Seems like you could end up dealing with unhappy customers due to restaurant error, cold food or the food moving around during delivery. Typically food to factories here is via food trucks. Have you considered grocery delivery?
    Good luck. You never will know unless you try.