Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Branding

Array

That's simple.

I'm competing with large retail stores, which make more profit by selling hardware and software, and obviously do repairs when needed. What usually happens is that when someone takes a computer system for repair they don't have any interest of the user's usage, their budget etc... So lets say they need to replace the motherboard, they simply replace it with anyone that works. Thsi is just an example. That's the reason why I'm emphasizing the 'personalized' work.

Also, it's not the first time I've opened systems of new clients who had literally a mess in there cases. For example cooling fans holding with super clue, drives holding in place with only one screw, messy work etc... This is what I'm trying to say with 'quality'. Of course, there's the usual stuff about customer service and everything, not just the manual work of 'cables!'.

Thanks again VG
    Regards,
    Daniel

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Again I don't want to say your current tagline is bad. I'm thinking the personal touch part is what you want to get across most. I think quality is something that's expected and you can get that across by doing quality work, having a professional looking site, logo, business cards, etc.

This is just brainstorming so I won't claim it's great.

Custom repair for your personal computer
    Personal attention for you PC
    Every computer needs a personal touch
    Making friends with your PC

Again not necessarily special, but I'm trying to emphasize the personal part. It fits well with your name TechMate. I'm thinking a tagline that's part tech and part mate reinforces the theme and your selling point. Computer, repair, computer repair all get in the tech and words like personal, friend, mate, attention, touch emphasize the personal.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

Array

Actually I really like the third one I'm thinking of going ahead with that!

EDIT: What should I ask the winner to provide when done? In terms of files formatting, so I would be able to use them wherever I want, business cards, website, shirts... anything.
    Regards,
    Daniel

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

You want to make sure the image you get are vector files. That way you'll be able to enlarge and shrink the image without quality loss. There are several formats they could deliver, but common ones are .ai, .eps, and even pdf files. You may also want psd files which are Photoshop formats.

Glad you like one of the taglines. Maybe my brainstorming wasn't so bad.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me

Array

You're becoming my online business adviser
    Regards,
    Daniel

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Cool. I'll send you a bill for my consulting fee

Just glad I can help. Always happy to pass on anything I've learned.