Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Backlinks.

Default Backlinks.

Anybody bought backlinks? Did it work? Price? Source?

Thanks for sharing.
    Taking care of business since 2004
    Irek's Custom DataWorks and My Favorite Gift Ideas

Web Consultant
    Array
    Blog Entries

Never have. Never will. And don't recommend it. Just advertise.

Google is very against this. I'm not sure if they always know, but they must have some sites figured out. They may even penalize. I'd suggest skipping that unless the site you're choosing really helps drive relevant traffic to your website.
    Greg Ball, President
    Ball Media Innovations, Inc.
    https://www.ballmediainnovations.com

|| VMdoh - Drupal development, consulting, and support

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Altenhofel View Post
    I never did and I don't intend to, I'm just trying to do a research if you will, to see if that ever worked for anyone or if it had a negative effect on their sites.
    Taking care of business since 2004
    Irek's Custom DataWorks and My Favorite Gift Ideas

Array

The new SEO is becoming more and more content driven. Create great content that gets shared around the web and you will naturally get links. This is what Google is aiming for - links that come naturally due to the quality of the source.

Create epic blog posts (2000+ words), curate useful lists of resources, write how to and top 10 posts...

Be sure you actually promote your content though, send it to friends or business contacts, share it with your social media followers, etc. You need to bring attention to it so that it can get spread around.

Array

Checkmate has some right ideas, SEO is becoming more and more content-centric and less about technicalities or pagerank related signals. Remember Google alone has over 200 ranking signals and pagerank factors such as linkbuilding only account for one. Sure it is a major one but it certainly isn't the end-all-be-all. These days Google executives such as John Mueller are suggesting that you no longer attempt to build links, this is because when you attempt to build a link, you are trying to fool the algorithm in your favor.

But SEO is about fooling the algorithms right?
    Of course it is, every marketing vertical has a form of optimization that can be practiced and no matter what happens, SEO can never die because there will always be some way to modify your online brand to appear higher up in search and get the bulk of traffic from those queries. SEO professionals will also be necessary so long as it is possible to optimize these things and the very best will live/breathe search marketing while being almost as rare as a four leafed clover in a sea of fake, wanna-be SEO pros that do more harm than good. This is mainly because most of them have no idea what they are doing and spend a tiny amount of time in the front lines comparatively.

So what should I do?
    It depends on your niche but you will want to find some way to create the best user experience, innovate and produce top quality content. Once you have done this, share the information and see if you can get it passed along by your followers on social media. The internet is interconnected so always make sure to take the extra time and share, share, share.

Don't buy links, Google has billions of dollars and the smartest people on Earth working there so you can't fool them.

There is no necessity to buy, on a long run, it is risky. Let me explain you the logic, any linking network can not be of value, because they aim to sell links. Today Google is more particular about engagement in your content pages with various signals, like social sharing, commenting, rating, Or anything that the content page is able to engage people is quality. They have nothing to do with link selling tactics. You will find lots of Web 2.0 sites which helps you get links, as a resource to the content and value. So buying links might even hurt your SERP.

I think Google knows any form of paid backlinks now. Doesn't mean that they ignore/penalize all forms of paid backlinks, but they might in the future, so I wouldn't recommend to buy backlinks.

Actually, the answer to this tricky question depends on the niche you're in.