Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Top Social Networks for Marketing Your business...

Array

Default Top Social Networks for Marketing Your business...

What have you found to be the best social network to use when marketing your business?

Share with us the social network + what kind of business you're in since different industries seem to flourish on different social networks
    Need leads? Need help staying in touch with those leads? AutomationHero is here for you! Get started today by signing up for an account today to start generating leads and making sales all through the power of social media!

For me (web development and specialized web hosting), LinkedIn and IRC (Internet Relay Chat), followed by Twitter. Facebook is negligible, though occasionally a good lead will come through there.
    || VMdoh - Drupal development, consulting, and support

Queen of the Forum
    Array

Blog Entries

Glad you added that last part - as what social network works best will differ by market and business.

For us, Facebook and Pinterest have been the big ones. We service the garment decoration industry, and Pinterest is a huge tool for those companies.

Good question!

Twitter works the best for us since it's easiest for us to get our content out there in front of strangers. Facebook is so-so. Our industry is digital marketing.
    Tiffany | First Port Marketing Solutions
    Your first stop for small business marketing and personal branding.

eBook: Online Marketing Tools 101

Array

I use Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn and Pinterest.

They all are a little different. The most important thing is to have a blog you can feed into them. I am finding Google+ is a great networking tool, The secret to all social media is not pushing sells on line but networking with people who you know would be a great client or people who compliment your business - that means interaction with them. I have landed jobs on social media just by answering questions and networking. I am a Service provide (Website Development, Graphic Design, Consulting) ..

Array

For me as a small landscaper/remodeler, it's been Craigslist, if you want to consider that social media. I rarely get traffic on my Facebook page and rarely hear of customers visiting my website, even though they all know I have them. The average age of my customers is around 60.
    Owner, small landscape/remodeling biz (1-3 employees)

Array

I think it not only matters about the kind of business you have but also how well we know how to utilize the individual sites. My business is manufacturing landscape equipment, primarily hydroseeders that spray on a new lawn (plant grass) and anti-icing sprayers that use liquids to deice roads and parking lots. The only social media that has been worthwhile for me is YouTube. One of my videos has had about 20,000+views in a year and all together they have had about 40,000 views. Facebook has shown a little promise. I keep adding content and have some good content and lately the likes have been coming much faster.

Perhaps if I knew more about utilizing Twitter and Linkdin they would be more effective. I haven't even logged into Twitter for months and see it nearly as just a site that sends me a lot of boring spam. Linkdin isn't much better. I get requests to connect with someone every day or two and have lots of connections but see no use for it.

I do think with Twitter and Linkdin it is just a case that I don't know how to use it effectivly

I have used yelp and various guitar forums that I already belonged to, mainly word of mouth though and having a few solid connections at some of the Guitar Centers around town are where I get most of my business.

I use the most a FB advertising. So far it works for me
    CardSSmile.. is about sending PERSONALIZED postcards to friends and familly.. and win prizes! Tv, Laptops, etc. www.cardssmile.us
    https://www.facebook.com/cardsssmile

Array

In most case Facebook will work, and there will always be some potential clients of yours in Facebook's huge list of users. Linkedin works perfectly if you are targeting professionals and even more so for careers related industries. While Twitter is better if you are trying to build audience and a brand image instead of selling, twitter rarely brings in leads.
    Consider outsourcing your accounting tasks to an Accounting outsourcing company. This will help you reduce your business costs considerably and free your time for other tasks and promoting your business.