Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The BEST Way to do Marketing for Your Business

Depends on the kind of business you have. What do you sell?

Array

We have always relied on SEO and content marketing as one of our key marketing pillars. We also use social media and media buys, but SEO has always provided the most relevant traffic in large quantities.

Yes Google keeps making updates so its not the most predictable but we've been doing it long enough where a few adjustments typically bring the sites back.

Fullflavor Marketing
    Array
    Fullflavor Marketing

1. Create local awareness.
    2. leverage social media
    3. Increase lead generation and customer engagement with email marketing
    4. Offer coupons which is my specialty
    5. give away free trials
    6. learn from other business
    7. use videos to market your business
    http://digitalcoupons.co/ With our mobile coupon software
    you can create and distribute redeemable, trackable
    and validatable mobile discount coupons and deals.

Hi There!

it all depends on the market, the audience, as well as your budget. Social media is a great market because it is affordable (free!) if using advertising, but it also gives your brand a global outreach. Different social media platforms give you the opportunity to reach out to different users in eye-catching ways. It also allows your company to be social, creating a two-way conversation with your customers. I would be happy to answer any additional questions you may have!

Sanja

Array

Hi automationhero,
    Before you begin spending money on any offline advertisement you need to gather data on your "organic" customers. These are customers that understand that they have an "explicit" need and then search for you so that you can solve their problems. Once you have a base line of who needs your service you can use the data you collected to target specific people who are likely to have the same explicit needs of your organic customers. Companies that collect and use data well spend less on marketing and generally see a greater ROI.
    Good luck,
    MarcA

Array

Not sure if this is the sort of thing you are after, but my best result was from a simple T-shirt. Let me explain.

My line of business is building spreadsheet based applications and reporting tools. The target audience for this ranges between accountants and middle/top management levels - this means there is a lot of suits about. Competition wise there are three dress codes 1. Dressing in suits to reflect their clients dress code. 2. Smart jeans and shirt 3. The total nerd look of someone who hasnt seen sunlight for weeks on end.

So I launched a "I Love Spreadsheets" brand written in the same style as "I Love NY" where "Love" is replaced with a red heart. I had this printed on a t-shirt and I wore it everywhere - networking events, business exhibitions, business meetings, trade shows and anywhere else I could think. I instantly stood out from my competition in a big way. My competitors openly mocked me on forums etc, however potential clients loved seeing something different.

Me dressed in the t-shirt featured in my avatars, my forum signatures, my social media, my website and my email signatures. If I could squeeze a picture of me in my t-shirt on it, it had one. If anyone ran in to me in one place (online or offline) and then ran in to me somewhere else, they would have zero doubt I was the same person. This didnt get me much more in terms of visits to my website but it did triple my sites conversion rate.

Did the t-shirt do this all on its own? No, what it did was create a very strong and consistent branding that increased trust levels in my clients. I think that consistent, strong image is important to get right as soon as possible as it will tie so much together. The good news is that it does not have to be expensive - all it cost me was about $20 and the time put in to sticking it everywhere.

A bit of a side story as to how well it worked for me. My biggest client by far at the time was Pepsi's European HQ in Switzerland and they wanted me to attend a board meeting in Geneva to give some Excel reporting advise. I thought to myself I better go suited and booted for this one, there was no way they would appreciate me in a t-shirt. So the day of the meeting arrives and I find myself waiting in the poshest meeting room known to man. I've never seen a room like it and it had a great view of lake Geneva. As the board arrived, each of the ones who knew of me asked where my t-shirt was. When I was called up to do my part their was a PowerPoint slide of me in my t-shirt on the screen behind me.
    The Excel Expert - Saving companies time and money through automation.