Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The BEST Way to do Marketing for Your Business

Array

Default The BEST Way to do Marketing for Your Business

What have you seen as the best way to do marketing for your business and what has brought you the best results?

1- SEO
    2- Billboards
    3- Social Media
    4- Online advertising
    5- Other
    Need leads? Need help staying in touch with those leads? AutomationHero is here for you! Get started today by signing up for an account today to start generating leads and making sales all through the power of social media!

Array

I love offline marketing (direct mail), but all forms of media have their spots in the marketing world.

The thing is... don't just concentrate on one form of marketing.
    David Hunter | Duke of Marketing | Former Real Estate Agent
    www.DukeOfMarketing.com
    www.BibleAndFriends.com/go/youtube

Web Consultant
    Array
    Blog Entries

Also, what works for one person probably won't work the same for another. It's not just about the medium, it's about the execution.

My marketing has mainly been online, so I'll always be a fan of that method. But it's difficult, takes patience and is time consuming. But that's also a good thing because most people don't have the patience or dedication so there's always opportunity for those that do.

Hi Automationhero, To some extent it depends on your product or service, and your particular target market, however I'm kind of biased. I own a business to business video production company, so I think almost every business should use video for marketing and public relations. My clients use video on their websites, in their social media, at trade shows, on TV, on Youtube, etc. Video is also excellent for SEO to get your site to the top of Google.

Of course that being said, for most businesses, the video needs to be a part a campaign that uses a variety of avenues to reach your market such as having a good quality website, doing SEO, using social media, etc.

Most of all, be sure to make extremely happy customers, because they'll talk. Word of mouth is a great way to get business.

Good luck to you!

Greg

Diversify.

Also the content of your ad is as important as where you advertise. Take time to make sure your ads are great.

Array

Hi Automationhero,

I agree with GregB and I have found that it all depends on what industry you are targeting. For instance, my brother has just started a law firm and he is looking to mainly deal with getting wills and trusts set up for the elderly before they pass on. For this I suggested targeting the retirement communities and placing an ad in the weekly or monthly newsletters they all receive. Once he acquires 5-10 responses he will then go and do a presentation with more material for them or their younger family members to look over and sell them at the end. On that note you will want to hand out the material at the end so as the potential client will keep their attention on you.
    In my experience direct mail will get you a better ROI when it comes to the elderly or a more sophisticated clientele.

Personally I shy away from advising clients to post on billboards as they should only be used if you are trying to build brand recognition and not for lead generation. It can sound enticing when the billboard seller will tell you about 100,000 impressions a month but those impressions are people simply passing by.

The internet is a fast way to get people into your funnel if you use very targeted "long tail keywords" and exact mach or phrase. You can test very quickly and literally get your investment per lead/customer down to pennies. As for SEO that is just to make Google happy and won't do much for raising your rankings as many people think.

Don't know if that helps anyone but I wish you all great success!

I have found that online advertising tends to be the cheapest and brings the best results. Almost all our company leads come from FB or Google. However I work in online advertising so I may be biased

Array

Hello

1- Focus on your core audience
    2- Get them into a list (Email or Snail mail)
    3- Make offers to them (no brainer offers that make them take acton)

Grow your list and then make money using the businesses around you.

Hope this helps!

Carlos

Registered Member
    Array

AutomationHero,

I tried to follow your sign up link but your links don't work. I think you are about advertising on-line, right?

You opened the discussion so just wondering if you are interested in learning what folks here know about advertising or interested in adding content helping people to advertise their business.

Thanks for being here,

Rick

I agree with some of the comments above. If you're looking for the best way for your business, it depends on your market and where they hang out.

If they hang out online, you should be marketing there. If they would rather be introduced to your products offline, then that's where you need to market.

Personally, I run an online business, so online has been best for me. Content and social media are at the top, but I've also done a lot of cold-emailing to land clients.

Each email uses content and my social media presence as proof that I know what I'm doing and can help them out.