Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Client's consultant doesn't know what he is doing...

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

I can understand. I've had clients take the advice of people who I knew were giving them bad advice and wanting to change things I knew were working. It's hard, but I've learned to let go of my client's sites. It's their site and they can do what they want, which includes making big mistakes.

The issue of whether to stay with that client is another thing. And it's dependent on a variety of factors.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

Array

Quote Originally Posted by SteveC View Post
    You’re right these things don’t happen very often… and they are sent to challenge us… the problem I have I guess is being told by a consultant (that knows nothing and if I was to give you his URL you would understand)… .
    oooooo do PM the URL then

Quote Originally Posted by SteveC View Post

This actually reminds me of a different client, this client actually designed the layout of his website himself with a friend and it looked terrible… in fact it looked so bad we had the client sign a disclaimer stating that we took no responsibility for the website, the profitability, functionality, etc… if this design was used because in our opinion the would fail if it was used… the client signed the disclaimer.

Perhaps I should do something similar here.
    Yeah, I have these issues on a few levels as I operate a SEO firm as well as a design/development company. Often times SEO clients have crappy developers and vice versa with the Web Dev clients...

In the end I remove my ego and operate as normal with business while stating my feelings on the issues with other providers. In the worst case scenario (for them) things go wrong and we end up taking over ALL of the client's needs (and we have a hosting co for those with crappy hosts)

I am in the business of creating revenues and will not easily pass them by on mere 'beliefs' - the customer is always right, my job is to offer professional advice. If they take it or not..... this is not mine to decide ultimately.

I can't see how you'd need to document to them that; 'if rankings/conversions tank we're not responsible' - considering your contract never stated you were in the first place. You voice your opinion and then make yer $$$... the rest is out of your hands.

..just sayin
    Massive search geek and web wanderer
    SEO Blog - SEO Training - SEO Services

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

I'm kind of curious to see the URL too Steve. If you're up for sharing I'm good at keeping secrets. Feel free to send it in a PM if you want. Understandable if you prefer not to share.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals