Thread: Retierd? Business professional needed in Florida. advice welcome.

Array

Default Retierd? Business professional needed in Florida. advice welcome.

Good, honest, family air conditioning company needs help to grow. (since 1998) I know how to make a customer know they are important to us. I know how to install and repair any complexity of air conditioners. I thrive on solving difficult problems with equipment including computerized systems. BUT I do not have the intricate business knowledge to grow successfully. That knowledge is important in order to have quality control of services delivered. If this sounds like your field of knowledge, let me know. We can mutually benefit from the experience.

We currently use quickbooks to run the business but it does not accomplish all aspects of what daily business needs. Once too many calls come in there is stress and confusion. Communication breakdowns, etc. Whomever I hire represents us, and must be equally honest and dependable. Since I am busy in the field, I need the business expertise that can get us to the next step. I received a suggestion today to contact SCORE.com, which I will do. Any kind advice?

Array

How lucky for Pete, just 30 minutes after his first post another first time post has a seminar that answers his need. Can you say spam.
    HouseView™ - The leading real estate site for South East Missouri. Follow us on Twitter @HVOL.
    Jackson MO Real Estate, Cape Girardeau Missouri Real Estate, Festus Missouri Real Estate

Array

This is Pete. I made the thread. I do not see any seminar post.??? That is actually not what I'm looking for, since my involvement in day to day operations precludes participation in seminars. Or very many family vacations, as many small business operators probably know. My desire was true, clear and not spam. I am open to help, I am real, and yes my first time post. I was closed off to external help for too long. Clint Eastwoods advice was "a man has to know his limitations" I'm opening my eyes to mine. I'm 51 and ready for a change. :-) Well wishes for all. I hope all new users don't get that kind of reply nealrm!- ha. (ouch)
    Last edited by pilotpete; 01-07-2015 at 11:26 PM.

Array

Sorry Pete. A spammer had posted (now removed) a seminar a few minutes after your initial post. A common spamming tactic is to post a question and then have someone else post a comment with a "solution" were the solution involves a purchase or visiting a site.

To answer your question. It sounds like you need an accountant and/or an assistant. If your company is small, use an accounting firm and a virtual assistant.
    HouseView™ - The leading real estate site for South East Missouri. Follow us on Twitter @HVOL.
    Jackson MO Real Estate, Cape Girardeau Missouri Real Estate, Festus Missouri Real Estate

Array

We use an accountant already that is competent to file taxes etc. My main question is who to get to take the company to the next level and grow. Without having the degree to do so I recognize that I'll have to hire someone to help me do the growth stage. If there is a semi retired business person in Florida, I would want to talk. I don't have the experience of a proven business model to follow.

Array

I would imagine that the SCORE office would be able to help you connect to people in your area that can help to. I work for a non-profit in Canada that is somewhat similar to SCORE - sounds like you need someone to help you with systems and work-flow...

Array

Thank you for the advice Patrysha. i looked up Score and who they are and sent a mentoring message request through their form. It showed a map of the chapter of Score was just 2 blocks from my home! I also posted a very specific craigslist ad listing the need for a good business organizer. I got 2 replies there.