Thread: Govt. job to self employment

Default Govt. job to self employment

I have been working in the public sector now for 2 years and 3 months. I want to buy an existing business, an elderly care home. As far as my fulltime job is concern, i am still one of the new guys in the bottom of the totem pole. So im still in the lower pay rate. Honestly i dont find it fulfilling because of the culture and the fact that i go home at the end of the day feeling like i did not do anything productive.

There are no part time positions within the Dept. Im thinking of quitting and try to get a part time work at my previous job (private sector) while i run the facility fulltime. Then eventually quit the part time job and work fulltime in the business when i get it established. Im going to be leaving job security and good benefits for something i am passionate about and being my own boss. Any advice?

Web Consultant
    Array
    Blog Entries

Hi Jeff,
    Congratulations on taking the leap.
    You probably already know that there's good advice here, but you have to give us a jumping off point. What concenrns you about taking the path that you are, or do you have any specific questions?