Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not Happy Holidays

Default Not Happy Holidays

Bad Thanksgiving. We never got to eat Thanksgiving dinner until Sunday night.

Christmas, a friend of my wife's got thrown in jail. Not a serious crime or DUI. So my wife was messing with that.

New Years Eve was fine other than I was sick. I was struggling to stay up until midnight. I had to because my wife has some very important rituals she does at midnight. She's Latina and its part of her culture.

January 2, my dog has a heart attack and dies. We don't have kids so our dogs fill that gap. He was a boxer. They are prone to heart conditions, but he was only 8 which is to young for that to happen. A great dog and my kid.

So I can look back on this years holidays and say they were the worst ever! Didn't even get some of the projects I wanted to get done started...

Array

Sounds like the post-holiday, winter dull-drums have set in. Cheer up, try to put a positive spin on events and get a sun lamp.
    HouseView™ - The leading real estate site for South East Missouri. Follow us on Twitter @HVOL.
    Jackson MO Real Estate, Cape Girardeau Missouri Real Estate, Festus Missouri Real Estate

Banned
    Array

Sounds like time for a vacation to somewhere where the rum flows freely....

Array

Yikes. Sorry to hear.

That's one reason why I try not to tell people Happy New Years. I usually say, "Best of Luck in the New Year."

Because... we never know what tomorrow will bring.
    David Hunter | Duke of Marketing | Former Real Estate Agent
    www.DukeOfMarketing.com
    www.BibleAndFriends.com/go/youtube

Web Consultant
    Array
    Blog Entries

Yeah, that was pretty sucky. Really sorry to hear about the dog.

Thanks guys. My wife and I are taking it pretty hard.

Queen of the Forum
    Array

Blog Entries

Sounds like you had a tough holiday season Bill. Hang in there and try to be as positive as you can.

Array

Hugs...that sounds horrid. Hope the year progresses better than the shitty holiday season you had!

This just keeps going on and on. A friend of my wifes husband was in an accident 1.5 hours from us and is unconcious in a hospital. His left side ribs are shattered and both collar bones broken. We don't know what happened. Then my wifes close cousin was killed in a motorcycle accident. I didn't know either of them, but this isn't stopping for my wife.

Web Consultant
    Array
    Blog Entries

Hang in there Bill. Just be there for each other, your friends and family, and be thankful that the two of you are OK.
    I'll have my Mom mention you in her prayer circle. Old Ladies love praying for people like it's extra points in a video game